PDA

View Full Version : c252 fax issue

Custom Search

rossbiette
07-02-2009, 05:46 PM
I am having an issue with a customer's machine. When you go to send a fax, dial the number and hit the start button, the sheet(s) of paper will scan through but the screen will freeze at the status of the pages being scanned through. The only button that you can hit is the Job Status, enough to try to delete the job. None of the other mode buttons will allow you to to press them, or any of the op panel keys for that matter. When the machine has not frozen up, I am able to press off hook and test the phone line, which appears to work fine. I have made several calls out on it and all connections have worked fine. When we tried to receive a job in, it failed to a Protocol Error. Any one have any ideas what is going on with this? The machine did have some problems just prior to this, we ended up having to replace the HV board/main board due to some codes. Not sure if this machine maybe took a voltage spike or what. Newest firmware is also on this machine.

B0265
07-03-2009, 07:39 AM
Sounds like a HDD problem. First check that the HDD is set to "installed" in System 2 > HDD.

mrwho
07-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Or a firmware problem - a firmware update also wouldn't hurt - I know you already have the newest firmware, but did you flash it after or before the trouble occurred?

tech51
07-03-2009, 06:33 PM
Initialise the fax journal I had similar problems and doing this cured it.

Custom Search