PDA

View Full Version : B&W 250 350 ATDC Sensor Gain ? c2557

Custom Search

fishleg
07-10-2009, 07:47 AM
We had a machine just recently where literally all we did was clean the drum unit out and checked over the dev unit and the dreaded c2557 code appeared....

Unfortunately to clear it we had to chuck decent dev in the process then run F8. On these forums people mention that manually changing the Sensor Gain can let you switch units I'm just wondering to what success and how hard it actually is ?

Obviously changing the sensor gain is just to fool the machine into thinking the t/c ratio is good so you can pull toner from the dev unit but in the end you always have to get a good F8 result for long term usage ?

ATDC Sensor Gain is this just controlling the voltage to the atdc sensor ? just to help understand what is happening by changing this value.

If you had two machines and you knew the gain value could you in theory swap the units round ?

And can you do an auto toner supply on these ?

Thanks massively for any help with this evil code,
Mike

fixthecopier
07-10-2009, 12:18 PM
If the number of copies on the image unit was not way out of range you can trade units. There may be someone who has had sucess with adjusting the gain. Konica has made the machines more sensitive over the years. Adjusting the gain on the bizhubs seem to be a temp fix and in some cases it may cause a call back with spots in the background. If you turn the change image unit message off in the soft switch settings you can run 25 to 100% over life.
Unlike the 2510/3510 series in which you can cange the drum and use the old developer, it is not going to happen here. It is not just the gain that effects the print quality, but the number of copies that the machine thinks is on the drum that will effect print quality. If you could alter that number it would make it eaiser. Anoother tip that may help is to checck the collars on the dv box against what they feel like on a new dv box. The collars get loose and will take out the drum with huge scrapes on the outside edge. Over half of my dv boxes have to be changed after they have 200,000 on them.

Hansoon
09-28-2009, 06:54 AM
Change image unit message, soft switch please.

What is the soft switch setting for the BH350 to turn the change image unit message off?

Hans

ck1
09-28-2009, 12:35 PM

What is the soft switch setting for the BH350 to turn the change image unit message off?

Hans
but must take care of the collar of ceveloper tank :D

fixthecopier
09-28-2009, 12:57 PM

Hans

Go to tech mode, soft switch settings. In the top block, put in "418"
In the middle block, flip bit 3 to "0"
Reboot main power

Hansoon
09-28-2009, 04:36 PM
Go to tech mode, soft switch settings. In the top block, put in "418"
In the middle block, flip bit 3 to "0"
Reboot main power

Many thanks FixTheCopier!

Hans

Hansoon
09-28-2009, 04:37 PM
but must take care of the collar of ceveloper tank :D@ck1:

Drunk or just stupid?? COLLEAGUE?

Hans

fishleg
09-30-2009, 07:57 AM
Can you do anything with these collars any tips for spotting bad ones ?

I've seen these bad boys completely destroy drum units especially the ones on the transfer roller can anything be done to prevent this ?

Cheers,
Fishy

Hansoon
09-30-2009, 08:12 AM
Can you do anything with these collars any tips for spotting bad ones ?

I've seen these bad boys completely destroy drum units especially the ones on the transfer roller can anything be done to prevent this ?

Cheers,
Fishy

We have a shop make us these collars with integrated bearing.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2416/collarbh350.jpg (http://img205.imageshack.us/i/collarbh350.jpg/)

This is a preliminary version, next production we reduce the outside diameter of the ball bearing to 10mm instead of 13mm to have more plastic "meat" around it to avoid cracking of the plastic when getting old.

USD 6.85/piece. Minimum 25 pcs.

Anybody interested?

Hans

ck1
10-01-2009, 11:28 AM
We have a shop make us these collars with integrated bearing.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2416/collarbh350.jpg (http://img205.imageshack.us/i/collarbh350.jpg/)

This is a preliminary version, next production we reduce the outside diameter of the ball bearing to 10mm instead of 13mm to have more plastic "meat" around it to avoid cracking of the plastic when getting old.

USD 6.85/piece. Minimum 25 pcs.

Anybody interested?

Hans

Can solve the problem or just extend the life of it ?

Hansoon
10-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Can solve the problem or just extend the life of it ?No long term experience yet but we expect it to be a greatly extended life. According to KonicaMinolta the Image unit for the BH200, 250, 350 should last around 400K. I wouldn't be surprised if we can double that, provided that the Mag Roller end-seals are being replaced on time as well when damaged.

All Image Units of the same the design such as the Di-250, 350 / Di-200, 251, 351 / Di-2510, 3010, 3510 and especially the Bizhub's 200, 250, 350 are suffering from drum damage caused by premature MagRoller Rear-Collar wear. You'll find sometimes collars with significant reduced outer diameter and enlarged hole at the same time. This allows the drum to come too near to the mag roller at the same time ripping the seals causing even more havoc. The modified collar with integrated ball bearing prevents this. This is no new technique, machines designed with less "Cost Cutting" in mind use this construction since decades successfully.

Hans

DadO
10-02-2009, 07:24 AM
I changed 4 drums till i didnt realize that. I cant get more than 150K form DV.
I had teory that corona is tearing drum, more specific would be that a small plate where the paper lays down just before charge roll is touching the drum, causing tear.
I actualy modified the corona. I took that small black pad's that rise the level of corona from the used one and place it on the new so that plate is puled away from the drum. now i will leave same corona but new dv and drum and will check from improvements.

Hansoon
10-02-2009, 07:46 AM
Measure the diameter of the rear mag roller collar, it should be 18.65mm for an unused one. We found many under 18.50mm which is, together with the weared out hole of the collar, reducing the space between drum and mag roller. This allows the drum to push against the mag roller endseal which in turn than is forced on the mag roller itself. This will finally tear the seal and damage the drum surface even more.

The worn collars can be easily recognized without taking them out, look for the difference between the front and rear collars, compare how differently they wiggle on the shaft. Its always the rear one which has much more play, likely because there's obviously a momentum coming from the drive gears making more strain on the rear collar causing additional wear.

Hans

mjunkaged
10-03-2009, 06:14 AM
I'm factory trained, there's a fuse that blows when you install a new I/U in the machine. It's in the connector assembly underneath. You can order a PROPER rebuild kit for the I/U with developer(starter), hit rollers, drum, blade, fuse for about $90 u.s.

HOWEVER: I don't believe you should even bother with all this if you want reliability and no hassles like the ones you're having!
Run the I/U 100% past life??? Sure, if no one cares about print quality or fuser life!! NOT a cheap or easy fuser to reman., I might add.

A new I/U can be obtained for 50 dollars more OEM and will almost NEVER fail!

Unless of course you have some god-awful aftermarket toner loaded in the hopper that will immediately feed into it.

Can you tell I'm getting a bit tired of spending time on my knees, driving through gridlock and getting stink-eye from customers because of aftermarket supplies???

Hansoon
10-03-2009, 08:10 AM
This doesn't apply to the Bizhub IU's anymore. They have no fuse and the Image Unit has to be obtained in two parts, the developing unit part + the drum unit part.

There's no part# number for the whole complete Bizhub unit anymore as with the Di-Series. As an Indy I'm grateful for that cause too many customers where getting their selves new units from Internet sellers. Now we rebuild the BH's but unfortunately, probably because of the different toner, the collars in these units are getting worn even faster then before with the Di-Series.

Hans

minimerlin
10-03-2009, 03:14 PM
You also need to watch out for the transfer roller end spacer horns, they can wear very quickly and the roller bushes damage the drum in the same way!

bamse
10-09-2009, 12:28 PM
i have the same problem and y put 418 bit 3 on 0 and the same
need help please

Can solve the problem or just extend the life of it ?

Custom Search