PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7920 Fiery Configuration

Custom Search

petergun1
07-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Hello,

This is my first post and thank you for a great fourm.

I purchased a Konica 7920 with the embedded X3e Fiery. I am attempting to access the fiery settings via the control panel to set the IPaddress, subnet mask, etc. When I enter what I think is the admin password the screen displays Please Wait …, and never proceeds to a configuration screen. Note: Entering a different password key combination display a message asking for a password.

How long does it take before Please Wait … disappears and the configuration settings appear?

mrwho
07-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Shouldn't take long. It only happens when you're trying to access the configuration? If so, can you print a test page? Or it happenes everytime you try to access the Fiery?

petergun1
07-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Thank you for the reply.

I am able to print the PS Test, Fiery X3e Control Panel Map, Configuration, and Font List pages. The Job Log print routine asks for 11 X 17 paper, but I do not have any 11 X 17 and cancel the job.

The Color Chart does not print. The messages displayed are Printing Color Charts > Function Test Page > RIP Cancel Job. The messages then disappear and the Info machine name screen displays.

mrwho
07-13-2009, 06:35 PM
Thank you for the reply.

I am able to print the PS Test, Fiery X3e Control Panel Map, Configuration, and Font List pages. The Job Log print routine asks for 11 X 17 paper, but I do not have any 11 X 17 and cancel the job.

The Color Chart does not print. The messages displayed are Printing Color Charts > Function Test Page > RIP Cancel Job. The messages then disappear and the Info machine name screen displays.

Can you share the configuration page with us?

Also, have you tried to access the Fiery via a web browser and do your configuration from there?

petergun1
07-13-2009, 07:26 PM
This is the configuration page. I have not tried to access the fiery via a browser because I am not able to ping the IP address and port 9100 is closed. It's in a different subnet.
As you can see in the configuration printout I also have to resolve the excess toner issue.http://www.kingssigns.net/images/K7920_Config_Page.gif

mrwho
07-13-2009, 10:04 PM
This is the configuration page. I have not tried to access the fiery via a browser because I am not able to ping the IP address and port 9100 is closed. It's in a different subnet.

Try to temporarily configure one of your PCs in that subnet with a similar IP and try to configure the Fiery's IP address to your actual subnet.

petergun1
07-13-2009, 11:52 PM
After canceling the system setup routine, started via the fiery control panel, I was able to access Webtools. The administrator password that allows access to the fiery setup service on the control panel is not giving me access to Webtool administrator or operator resources. Is password recovery software available?

I installed the Windows 2000 printer files and fiery link software via the Webtools guest menu, but test prints from my 32-bit Windows XP SP3 laptop time out. Is there an updated driver for XP and Vista machines?

mrwho
07-14-2009, 08:16 AM
After canceling the system setup routine, started via the fiery control panel, I was able to access Webtools. The administrator password that allows access to the fiery setup service on the control panel is not giving me access to Webtool administrator or operator resources. Is password recovery software available?

Try "Fiery.1" (without quotation marks) as the Fiery password. As for password recovery, I once say in this forum a .PS file that was supposed to do that - though I never tested it. Use the Search facility, maybe you get lucky.

I installed the Windows 2000 printer files and fiery link software via the Webtools guest menu, but test prints from my 32-bit Windows XP SP3 laptop time out. Is there an updated driver for XP and Vista machines?

Try configuring the printer via a Standard TCP/IP Port using the "Print" queue (notice the uppercase P).

petergun1
07-15-2009, 01:50 AM
Try "Fiery.1" (without quotation marks) as the Fiery password. As for password recovery, I once say in this forum a .PS file that was supposed to do that - though I never tested it. Use the Search facility, maybe you get lucky. I was able to search and find the .PS file and recovered the admin password. I really - really appreciate your guidance.

Try configuring the printer via a Standard TCP/IP Port using the "Print" queue (notice the uppercase P). I configured using a TCP/IP port (copier's IP address) but still cannot print from the Windows machines. I am able to use Webtools to send a PS file to the copier/printer. Where/How do I enter the "Print" queue?

mrwho
07-15-2009, 08:12 AM
I configured using a TCP/IP port (copier's IP address) but still cannot print from the Windows machines. I am able to use Webtools to send a PS file to the copier/printer. Where/How do I enter the "Print" queue?

Go to the printer properties, go to the "Ports" tab and click on the "Configure Port" button.

Assuming you configured a "Standard TCP/IP Port", there should come up a window like the following:

http://www-ssrl.slac.stanford.edu/computing/cng/pcsupport/images/lpr_add_standard_tcpip_configure_tcpip_port_monito r.jpg

If you're currently using the Raw protocol, change it to LPR and type "Print" on the "Queue Name".

By looking at your configuration page, you got the port 9100 disabled. You can use the configuration page as a good tool to try and find out what's wrong.

petergun1
07-15-2009, 07:03 PM
I could not print to a port created using the standard TCP/IP routine, but was able to create a LPR port using the instruction available via http://www.jomamas-stuff.com/doc/sw&drv%20guides/Installing%20Firey%20Drivers.pdf.

mrwho -- I really appreciate all of your help with these issues.

mrwho
07-15-2009, 08:09 PM
That's odd, but glad it worked. Cheers!

Custom Search