PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c450 trouble with printing cyan

Custom Search

jmanly
07-15-2009, 04:30 PM
I've been recently working on a sepia print job. All of the work is being done in photoshop and then printed to our c450. I am needing to print in RGB for what I am doing. After noticing the pictures didn't quite look right I broke down the pictures and printed them in each color by itself. Cyan isn't showing up at all. However, I tried doing just a test strip of cyan in RGB and it was ok. CMYK also will print cyan. I wasn't sure if this could possibly be an issue with the printer or not. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

mrwho
07-15-2009, 04:57 PM
I've been recently working on a sepia print job. All of the work is being done in photoshop and then printed to our c450. I am needing to print in RGB for what I am doing. After noticing the pictures didn't quite look right I broke down the pictures and printed them in each color by itself. Cyan isn't showing up at all. However, I tried doing just a test strip of cyan in RGB and it was ok. CMYK also will print cyan. I wasn't sure if this could possibly be an issue with the printer or not. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Probably your sepia job doesn't have any cyan component on it. Did you try to separate the job into each component?

Here are two examples of sepia done by me as a quick and dirty test. The first one is sepia with a cyan component, and the second is sepia without it. Compare it to yours and see if it gives you any clue.

jmanly
07-15-2009, 05:03 PM
When I use the sipper to test the color breakdown, there is quite a bit of cyan

mrwho
07-15-2009, 05:21 PM
Are you using the internal built-in controller or a Fiery controller?

jmanly
07-15-2009, 06:58 PM
We are using an internal built-in controller.

mrwho
07-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Well, since you say it only happens with that particular job, I assume it's all okay on the machine side.

So, some suggestions for you to try:

- Try to update the drivers;
- Try different drivers (swap between PCL and Postscript);
- Try other applications (try to save the picture as JPG or PNG and print from the Windows Picture Viewer or another application you'd like);
- Try from another PC;

Failing all that, maybe a firmware upgrade is the way to go.

Custom Search