PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 250 W/Scan

Custom Search

ZeusGT
07-16-2009, 02:08 AM
Hey guys,

I have a Bizhub 250 that has the print/scan feature on it. I also noticed that there is an extra scan button as well, but I have no idea what that is.
The only thing that this machine will let me do is print from the network and scan to email only. It does not give me an option to do scan to FTP or to do SMB scanning. The SMTP relay stopped working the other day and the client cannot scan to email anymore. They host of the SMTP has stated that they are not concerned about getting it back up and going... ever.. so, the client is left with no other option for scanning.

My question is, what do I need to do to allow her to scan to her desktop? I've tried the twain scanning driver and it doesn't work because there was no option for transmission scanning (searched high and low). I cannot find the relavent pagescope software to try that route.

I don't understand why this copier has the scan feature when it will not allow you to do the traditional scanning. And, why does Minolta seem to only support FTP scanning when it's just about impossible to get it set up and working (no success with it yet after many hours). I've only had SMB scanning working with these machine and that's only with the very newer machines. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

moonwalker3778
07-16-2009, 06:24 AM
twain scanning is possible in bizhub 250/350 with HDD only.
you can do scan to smb(without HDD also) but its a lilll bit confusing process in bizhub 250/350.

TheOwl
07-16-2009, 09:58 AM
If you go to the web interface of the copier and then go to store a one touch, you will then get the option of FTP and SMB.

If you go to use SMB, please bear in mind that these copiers aren't capable of NTLM v2 authentication so they won't communicate with Active Directory.

If you go for FTP, there are quite a few posts on this forum of how to set up something like IIS.

ZeusGT
07-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Hey,

Thanks for your reply.. I just wanted to clear up that the one touch is where you create the button for the control panel correct?

That would explain why the twain wouldn't work.. When I went to register the one touch, it only gives me the option of FTP and Email. Where do I program the SMB? Thanks

buster68
07-17-2009, 01:06 PM
The Extra Scan button on the control panel is for IPScanner. This is enabled if you installed a fax kit with the extra memory.

It seems as though someone has gone in and disabled certain scanning selections on your machine at some time. Its easy to enable them.

Log into the admin section on the web connection. Click on the Fax/Scan icon, in the list on the left side, select "Tx Settings", "Comm. Mode".
You'll see a list of available scanning/faxing options that can be enabled or disabled with a drop down list. I'm willing to bet that SMB scanning has been disabled.

When you're setting up FTP, are you using the KonicaMinolta FTP program, or an actual FTP service on a server?

ZeusGT
07-17-2009, 01:36 PM
Hey Buster,

Thank you for your help. I was trying to use a third party FTP client to run the FTP server.
Also, Thank you very much for showing me where I need to go to switch it to SMB. I will be out that way today and I will see if it's there... hopefully it is. Thanks

By the way Buster, does it matter that it doesn't have the fax kit installed or the HDD? The only buttons that are on top in the web interface are the usual and print, scan and network.. I assume that I need to hit the scan button for the comm settings right? Thanks again

buster68
07-20-2009, 01:44 PM
When using a third party program for FTP you may need to input a backslash ( \ ) before your folder name (when naming the destination) on your one touch setup. Installation of the fax or hdd has no bearing on logging into the admin web connection.

Custom Search