PDA

View Full Version : c451 replace black toner

Custom Search

mrushing
07-22-2009, 10:00 PM
i got a c451 that keeps telling me to change the black toner, i can put in a new oem toner and it shows to be full then in about 30 secs it shows its empty and says replace toner, (its not empty thought)

dudley
07-23-2009, 01:12 AM
we have had one do the same thing, change out the empty sensor in the toner sub hopper. The toner NEAR empty is done by the count on the chip but the TONER EMPTY is done by the sub hopper sensor so the damn thing reports that the sub hopper is empty so the toner unit MUST be empty and writes that to the chip( damn thing can't be wrong:mad:). We went through about 4 toner units before we figured it out. We were lucky (or unlucky ) to have had a 451 go down the stairs so we had a complete hopper assembly.

moonwalker3778
07-23-2009, 02:09 PM
refer the earlier posts there is bulletin regarding this issue, u need to clean the piezo electic sensor in toner sub hopper to fix this issue

dudley
08-21-2009, 01:15 AM
just a follow up, on our machine it turned out to be the toner add one way clutch for the black toner cartridge drive. The way to test is to force feed some toner into the toner hopper, this will turn of the sensor and your toner life indicator will come back up. The problem with our clutch was the screw that holds the clutch had backed out and was loose.
Fixed up one pissed off custumer! This had been going on for about 2 months

Custom Search