PDA

View Full Version : KM-7255

Custom Search

joelsa12
07-23-2009, 02:32 PM
I am in no way an expert on this machine... But the paper is stopping right at the registration roller. Feeds up and stops. Registration sensor test good. The motor that drives the transoport, and the reg roller never turns on. Any ideas??

Juggy
07-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Check the ICPs in the control board which is by the duplex unit. one of them seems to be failed replace same. Or alteratively replace the control board. you can check the if the motor is working or not in 47 mode .

mrwho
07-23-2009, 09:47 PM
It would help a lot if you told us what jam code you're getting. :rolleyes:

joelsa12
07-23-2009, 10:38 PM
I mean what else do I need to say. Paper drives to the registration roller and it does not turn. The issue is the registration roller not turning. The two flag sensors before that check fine. The jam code is the one for the paper being stuck before the registration roll. Open side cover and take out paper. Tripped both flag sensors and machine read jam for each individual one. Swapped registration clutch with a good good one. The roller still does not turn. Pulled front cover to watch things work cheated three door switches. Paper feeds from tray up the side of the machine and drives into the reg roller. It never turns on. the motor driving that whole transport section never turns on. I think that is about as descriptive as I can get.

mrwho
07-23-2009, 11:42 PM
Anyway, if you don't mind, turn dipswitch 11-7 to ON (to enable jam code display) and check the j-code the machine gives out. It could be that the rollers don't turn because the machine doesn't know the paper is already at the registration section (even with the sensor turning on - could be a timing issue). Also, the jam code helps me (and I'd guess others) to search in the documentation for possible causes to your problem.

Custom Search