PDA

View Full Version : C500 code 2918 - fixing cleaning unit

Custom Search

JerryC
07-26-2009, 05:27 AM
Low count (~480,000) IKON CPP500.
Drums, Belt, Developer, Charging Units replaced in last 80,000.
Machine stopped, showing Code 29-18. I cleaned all Coronas - no more code.
Immediately thereafter machine stopped again with message about "fixing cleaning unit".
I turned main power off then restarted. All OK except some other message about excess count re "fixing" appears, but machine continues to print.
What is happening? What should I do?

random
07-26-2009, 11:34 AM
reset the cleaning web counter.

JerryC
08-08-2009, 01:45 AM

"Random", you got me started on the correct path. Machine was trying to tell me that the cleaning web would soon need replacement. Web is replaced, counter is reset, and everything works properly.
Many thanks.

markco7200
01-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Random, you seem to be the most knowledgeable on the cpp500. i cleaned the developer unit and looked at fuser rolls but about 3" down from top of 8.5x11 there is about a3/4" area where the image repeats itself as if it is remelting the original correct part of the image and re-imaging again. the image gets lighter as it goes down the page. By down the page, i mean from delivery to feed direction. Otherwise, copy is great.

JerryC
01-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Marko,
I'm JerryC, the guy Random helped last July. I'm a very small end-user and don't have the fund of knowledge that the real technicians have. I have an idea that might help until we hear from someone else: See the thread above - maybe your cleaning web is no longer cleaning properly, so you get the repeat of the uncleaned portion. Other similar thoughts: If the repeating is of a single color, perhaps the cleaning blade on the drum is not fully cleaning. Let's see what we learn from this.

RRodgers
01-30-2010, 08:21 PM
Random, you seem to be the most knowledgeable on the cpp500. i cleaned the developer unit and looked at fuser rolls but about 3" down from top of 8.5x11 there is about a3/4" area where the image repeats itself as if it is remelting the original correct part of the image and re-imaging again. the image gets lighter as it goes down the page. By down the page, i mean from delivery to feed direction. Otherwise, copy is great.

How thick is the paper that you are printing on?

Stirton.M
01-30-2010, 08:32 PM
How thick is the paper that you are printing on?

I agree. This appears to be wrong paper weight setting on the control panel.

markco7200
02-01-2010, 01:37 AM
hey jerry i will check it tommorrow but i took out the web and cleaned the roller. it was very coated and even after i cleaned it, it still had scratches embedded in the roller. would that cause it? i was running a 20# and 24# at normal setting.

doomblack
02-01-2010, 08:20 PM
could be a problem with the cleaning blades, too much build up with make the fixing cleaning unit act funky.

RRodgers
02-02-2010, 01:10 AM
Resetting the counter without replacing the web is not a good idea. The web will not "drive" properly.
Hit the brake (the wrap spring) with a little bit of oil. I've seen those get really hard to turn sometimes and might cause problems. I usually just shoot a little light oil into them.

Stirton.M
02-02-2010, 08:38 AM
we remove the web altogether

to deal with a stalling issue in the fuser

oddly enough this extends the life of the upper roller as well

tester2
07-02-2014, 06:38 AM

How does one do that?

Custom Search