PDA

View Full Version : BizHub models SMB scanning setting

Custom Search

aidil rashidi
08-19-2009, 08:38 AM
Hi all,
can anyone help me on this? i found that the default network setting is not always same for different models. this cause a lot fo trouble as i need to try different setting each time i need to setup an SMB scanning.

below is the default network item that i always key in:
ip address = given by customer
subnet mask = given by customer
default gateway = given by customer
dns server adress = given by customer
dns domain name = uses back the factory default

when creating the address book for SMB, my customer request to use the local computer admin id and password for login. my problem is some of the machine failed to scan when i key in the dns domain name. some also fail when i use the short pc name for scan destination. instead i have to use the full pc name.

this problem only happen when i use the local admin id. if the windows login id is use no problem happens. please help :confused::mad:

p/s: my customer doesn/t want to use the windows id because thier password expires monthly.:rolleyes: very clever.......

apache_cat
08-19-2009, 10:08 AM
Not sure exactly what you are asking aidil.

But one thing to be aware of is if you use the computer name as the host name for scan path it must be in capitals.

i.e. COMPUTER NAME\scans

mrwho
08-19-2009, 10:13 AM
ALso keep in mind that if you're scanning via SMB inside a domain, you're prone to have problems - use ftp or email scanning instead.

aidil rashidi
08-19-2009, 10:34 AM
yes this machine is in a domain..currently i have 20 units of machine in this one customer place.each machine have about 100 users registered in the SMB address book..the problem is everytime i install a new machine i always have a problem to do SMB scanning through the network even if i use the same network setting (excluding th ip address). and my customer insist in using SMB scanning using local computer admin id as the login name.

p/s: previously he was using xerox and it geve him no such problem.

Mr Spock
08-20-2009, 02:58 AM
yes this machine is in a domain..currently i have 20 units of machine in this one customer place.each machine have about 100 users registered in the SMB address book..the problem is everytime i install a new machine i always have a problem to do SMB scanning through the network even if i use the same network setting (excluding th ip address). and my customer insist in using SMB scanning using local computer admin id as the login name.

p/s: previously he was using xerox and it geve him no such problem.

Most domains require the machine to be joined on the domain before they allow the machine to do smb. Also make sure that all the computers are using the same admin/password or this will cause issues.

TheOwl
08-20-2009, 09:36 AM
Which models of machines are you having trouble with?

Have a look at the SMB settings of the machines and see if changing the NTLM setting to v1 helps at all.

Another suggestion that you could make is for the IT person to make a Username and Password on the domain especially for the copiers.

With in Active Directory, he could then set the User account so that the password never expires.

Custom Search