PDA

View Full Version : BIZHUB 421

Custom Search

thuo
08-31-2009, 09:25 AM
error code c2803 appearing even after cleaning the sensor and aligning the toner hopper system.copier has only done 68k.any solution out there.

thanks in advance

fixthecopier
08-31-2009, 11:44 AM
It may still be the sensor. I have had one that I took apart 3 times and blew out with a compressor to get it to stop. Or you could change it.

brent
08-31-2009, 06:39 PM
I have had probably 20 machines that this has happened to. seems that these sensors just go bad. only had a small handfull of machines that I could clean that sensor. but eventually you just have to bit the bullit and replace it..

and unless I am missing something. the whole front and back plus the pwb has got to come out. I have tried to just take the top plate off and tried to just get into the sensor that way. (with the finisher off) but ther are a couple of scews in the w ay that screw in from the rear of the machine. so there is no avoiding taking the machine basically apart... I have it down to an hour and 15 minutes......

brent

pepper38_cnd
09-05-2009, 10:14 PM
This is a poor design using a photo sensor in the toner area, anyway it is what it is so on every machine when you take the back and main board out remove the 3 screws that secure the metal cover to the back of the machine, this cover has metal tabs that go into the back frame so the screws are not needed. After this the cover can be removed easily without removing the back or the board, and servicing the toner bottle sensor takes about 20 minutes. Also make sure it has been replace with the new style bracket.

brent
09-05-2009, 11:48 PM
This is a poor design using a photo sensor in the toner area, anyway it is what it is so on every machine when you take the back and main board out remove the 3 screws that secure the metal cover to the back of the machine, this cover has metal tabs that go into the back frame so the screws are not needed. After this the cover can be removed easily without removing the back or the board, and servicing the toner bottle sensor takes about 20 minutes. Also make sure it has been replace with the new style bracket.
pepper darn you are smart.. I never thought of leaving those screws out of the machine... but luckily the ones that I have replaced in the field have not required me to re in stall new sensors... now that I said that..

thanks for the heads up pepper

brent

copyalbania
09-09-2009, 07:52 AM
Hello to everyone,
I have a similar problem with my Konbica Minolta bizhub 420 machine that i service. This kind of problem 2803 it is due to the toner that dirtys the sensor and he dos not function and also because the bottle is too long and havy to rotate. I have discussesd this problem also with our support of KM technichens and they said it is a deffective part in bizhub 420 and the only solution is to clean the both sensors in the end of the bottle every time this code appears, it is hard job but in my experience no other solution!!!

978jose
05-29-2013, 05:47 AM
Hi, I have the same c2803 in two machines in the field (420 and 421). I took the developer unit and the OEM toner from 421 in my shop and I installed them on the 420 at my client, so, I had run the TCR adjustment 2 times because the first one didn't work, the second it was working but the number went up to 120. Of course the machine started making light copies. I put new OEM developer in the same developer unit that I took from my client and I installed in my machine at the shop with OEM Toner, I run TCR adjustment and number it gave me a 48 and sometimes the result is OK and sometimes is NG but c2803 never disappears from the screen.
Any Help appreciate...

brent
05-29-2013, 02:39 PM
Hi, I have the same c2803 in two machines in the field (420 and 421). I took the developer unit and the OEM toner from 421 in my shop and I installed them on the 420 at my client, so, I had run the TCR adjustment 2 times because the first one didn't work, the second it was working but the number went up to 120. Of course the machine started making light copies. I put new OEM developer in the same developer unit that I took from my client and I installed in my machine at the shop with OEM Toner, I run TCR adjustment and number it gave me a 48 and sometimes the result is OK and sometimes is NG but c2803 never disappears from the screen.
Any Help appreciate...
Just changing out developer units won't fix the problem. This is not an easy solution but if you re read this thread you will understand that you have to replace the sensors at least the toner bottle home position sensor. Like was stated. The first time the whole Back must come off and the board must be removed to access the back screws then the rest the machine comes apart in that unit will come out the front light was stated before if you don't put the screws back in subsequent times you can just remove everything from the front of the machine to gain access to that sensor. But you have to replace that sensor to get this code to go away you can't just change out developer units or drum units

978jose
05-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Thank you for your help, I'm really confuse because when I took the developer unit for the machine at the shop the machine was working perfect and I just put new developer and new toner and then I got c2803. This machine was working good, so do you thing that I need to replace that sensor too?

And for the machine in my client that give me light copies (is working with light copies), do you recommend to change the developer and the sensor or just the developer and run TCR adjustment? TCR value is 120...

Thank You Again

SmellsHot
05-29-2013, 05:06 PM
did you run tcr adjustment after replacing your developer? You almost always will get this error after fresh developer install.....Just go into service and run adjustment

978jose
05-30-2013, 12:11 AM
Thank you for your prompt response. Yes I put new developer and run tcr adjustment, after that I get the c2803, but the machine was working good with the old developer assy. And I installed the original developer assy for this machine in other one and work good. It just give light copies. I think is something in the developer unit itself, but I don't know, What do you think?... I have 2 machines with the same problem

ivovb
01-17-2015, 10:23 PM
Some additional info to the tread. Same problem today - C2803 with sub code 6. And the culprit is IDC sensor (sensor under drum) - dirt on it. After cleaning and trouble reset - everything is ok - TCR adjustment works (46). It might be good idea to check sub code in order to made right troubleshooting.

BR

allan
01-18-2015, 06:13 PM

Does this look familiar?

Custom Search