PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta 7222 blurriness problem

Custom Search

Hoshal
09-22-2009, 07:52 PM
We've got a Konica Minolta 7222 that's having a problem with producing blurry copies randomly. It seemed to be happening just in the morning after the initial warm-up, but recently we noticed it happens in the middle of the day also.

The first thing we replaced was the write unit from another machine, and the problem stayed on the original problem machine, but now it's also happening on the machine we took the unit from.

After the first few blurry copies, it seems to run fine for awhile. The blur doesn't blend thru the entire document and the edges of the document look fine. Any suggestions?

copytechman
09-22-2009, 08:00 PM
Do drum/blade.. tis the only way i've ever been able to keep that beasty @ bay for any length of time... Sometimes the drums make it... sometimes.. not.

A!

kquintana
09-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Are you using a OEM drum? I had the same problem it was aftermarket Drum.

Hoshal
09-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Yes, it's an OEM drum in both machines.

kquintana
09-22-2009, 10:25 PM
I know you said you did change the write unit but have you opened it up and cleaned up the polygon mirror? I have see that to be a problem out here in Indio because of the dust.

HuronMan
09-23-2009, 04:07 AM
The humidity affects the drums on this series of machines more than others for some reason. I alcohol wipe them with cotton pads and can get a little more life out of 'em. I'd try that first before swappin it out.

Hoshal
09-23-2009, 11:52 PM
I'll try both those ideas and see if they work. It seems like it only happens when the machine has been sitting for a period of time and has to re-warm up. It's also not blurry in the same spot every time, and looks like it blurs to varying degrees.

Hoshal
09-24-2009, 12:46 AM
Replacing drum fixed it. thanks

EarthKmTech
09-29-2009, 11:11 AM
its also worth noting, that there is a print head ventilation fan, whos filter is usually completly clogged with dust. This absolutly does not help the humidity and subsiquent blurryness issue on these machines & 7145's - cleaning it is easy and almost NEVER done.

Custom Search