PDA

View Full Version : FS-9520 - Fading print

Custom Search

scoobysteve
09-28-2009, 03:02 AM
Hi All,

I've got a client who has a FS-9520DN and when they print, they will get faint sections through the print. I've had a look at the Developer Unit and where there is faint print, the developer roller does not have any toner. If i was to shake the dev unit back and forth and then manually rotate it, there will be complete even coverage and printing will work fine again for a few hundred more prints and eventually faint printing will happen all over again. However saying this, the faint printing will not happen in the same place. It may be up the top of the page and then after shaking it and printing off a few more hundred, it the faintness may happen it the mid section with the top section being perfect. I've opened up the developer unit and check the blades and spirals/augers and they all rotate fine.

I've changed the developer unit and both the old and new units are doing the same thing. I've changed the toner feed solenoid and the and the associated drive assembly as per a phenonmenon technical bulletin as per Kyocera and the client has just informed me that the problem has started to show again. They will let me know how it goes in the next couple of days of printing.

If any one has any ideas on what could be causing this problem it would be much appreciated. thank you.

Kind Regards,
Steve

Custom Search