PDA

View Full Version : FS-C8008N - blotches on Leading edge -- only on A3

Custom Search

scoobysteve
10-02-2009, 05:04 AM
Hi All,

I've been working on a FS-C8008N with 30K prints on it. Initially, the machine had been ghosting leaving streaks. I could see these marks on the primary transfer unit but nothing on the drum.

So I changed the cleaning station on the primary transfer and since i've done that, the ghosting and the streaks have not re-appeared (i've done about 50 pages). However, while this problem was sorted, i'm now getting blotches on the leading edge of the paper and it is only on the leading edge - it is not repetitive. I've tried A3 from the cassette trays and the MP Tray and any A3 prints have the blotch. It doesnt seem to clear up either as more prints are done.

I've done A4 long edge feed and i never once got these blotches. I pulled out the primary transfer after doing one A3 print and I could see the blotches on the Primary transfer. I can clean it off with a rag. If I do one A3 print followed by a duplexed A4 print, and then pull out the primary transfer, i do not have any blotches - this to me indicates that the cleaning station is working.

I've tried A3 double-sided and the second side does not get these blotches, only the first.

So does anyone think it could be the drum? i'm out of ideas on what can could be causing this.

any thoughts please suggest it this way. thanks in advance.

ExOceMan
10-02-2009, 04:50 PM
If its only on wider sheets A3, it could be on your drum or the fuser unit. Have you removed both and inspected them?

Custom Search