PDA

View Full Version : Problem with bizhub c353 scanner

Custom Search

femchi
10-20-2009, 09:26 PM
I'm working with a bizhub c353 with 2 computers.
I've added a new computer recently and I want to set up the scanner of bizhub to send scans straight to computer. I've spent a lot of time to figure out how it works. I just got confused.
would you just tell me the steps that I should follow.
thank you so much.
I searched your forum and found out some things but they couldnt help me.

serginho_vl
10-20-2009, 09:58 PM
The easiest way (and the fastest - much faster than twain) is to scan the documents in a user box, then go to the computer were you want to transfer the file, open an Internet browser on that computer, write the copier network address in the address bar (eg: 192.168.0.250) then press enter; the copier interface page will appear, then go to BOX, choose your box, enter password, then you'll see the scanned files (arranged by date/time) find your file and download like any file from the Internet.

Hope that helps.

emujo
10-21-2009, 12:57 AM
I dissagree that this is the fastest way, although it does work the user has to open up IE, navigate to the web page, open the box, change the user box mode, specify the download settings, then finally download the file. Way too many steps and if something happens to HDD, all docs are gone. I believe Scan to Email, FTP, and SMB are much faster choices. Scan to email requires some cooperation with the IT rep so I'll leave this one alone. I don't use the FTP scanner because I like SMB so much. Here's how to set it up.

Right click "My Computer" and select manage. go to local users and groups and create a new user with a name and password. I use something simple like scans for both user name and password. Ensure the new user is an administrator, the user can't change the password and the password never expires.

Next explore to the "C" drive and create a new folder there called "KMScans" (example only). Right click on the folder, share it, and set permissions and security for the folder. I suggest you specify the new user you created instead of using "all" or "everyone".

Next go to control panel and get the computer name from the system tab. Jot this down for future referance.

Now open page scope as a user and touch the store address tab, select new registration, SMB. Give the one touch a name like "KMscans" (Example), check off the use host name box and enter the computer name in the host name field. Use CAPS for the host name, and do not enter any "\\". In the path line, enter the name of the folder you created (not case sensitive), do not enter any leading "\"s. Unless you created your new folder below the "C" root, there should not be any trailing "\"s. Enter the user name and password in the appropriate fields and then OK and OK once more.

Try to scan and with any luck, you should have a PDF in the new folder you created. If not you wil either get a login error, or failed to connect to server error. If the 1st, double check your user name and password, if the 2nd, ensure you have entered the correct DNS information. You can use the IP address instead of the host in the store address tab of page scope to verify a DNS issue.

To make it even easier for the user, explore to the shared folder, right click on ot and select "send to desktop" this will create a shortcut to the folder on the desktop.

Now if you start to throw in domain controllers and server 2008 etc. you might have to get their IT rep involved, but the process is bascally the same. Good Luck EMujo

Stirton.M
10-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Next explore to the "C" drive and create a new folder there called "KMScans" (example only). Right click on the folder, share it, and set permissions and security for the folder. I suggest you specify the new user you created instead of using "all" or "everyone".

Next go to control panel and get the computer name from the system tab. Jot this down for future referance.

Now open page scope as a user and touch the store address tab, select new registration, SMB. Give the one touch a name like "KMscans" (Example), check off the use host name box and enter the computer name in the host name field. Use CAPS for the host name, and do not enter any "\". In the path line, enter the name of the folder you created (not case sensitive), do not enter any leading ""s. Unless you created your new folder below the "C" root, there should not be any trailing ""s. Enter the user name and password in the appropriate fields and then OK and OK once more.

In the above example, I would further recommend that the copier network settings that the DNS table entries should be entered to allow the DNS to resolve the host name of the computer. If the computer has a fixed IP instead of DHCP, use the IP address instead in the one-touch. Also ensure SMB network settings are set to the correct workgroup. I also take an extra step and set the WINS entries if available. If not, I use DNS.

As for the path, the shared folder can be anywhere on the computer. I usually recommend the desktop, for easy access for the user. As you pointed out, // is not required. Simply enter the name of the shared folder itself with nothing else in the entry. The only exception is if you create a share on a network share for multiple users and want to have separate folders for each user. For example, a share on the J: drive on a server called SHARES, with a sub folders called SUBUSER1 and SUBUSER2, you can create the path as

shares\subuser1
or
shares\subuser2

on separate scan buttons of course.

femchi
10-21-2009, 08:44 PM
Thank you guys.
it works like a charm.
great.

femchi
10-26-2009, 10:11 PM
hi there.
after working 1 week with the scanner it doesnt work again
it had happened before and I asked you to help me.
do you have any solution?
I'm using windows vista 64 bitthere is other computer that uses xp but it works great with bizhub scanner.
thank you alot

emujo
10-26-2009, 10:21 PM
try to log in to the workstation that you can't scan to with the user name and password you gave the MFP. IF you can log in, try to navigate to the folder you created, if you can get to this folder try to copy something to the folder and then remove it. If everything works OK double check the settings in page scope. EMujo

Stirton.M
10-27-2009, 12:54 AM
hi there.
after working 1 week with the scanner it doesnt work again
it had happened before and I asked you to help me.
do you have any solution?
I'm using windows vista 64 bitthere is other computer that uses xp but it works great with bizhub scanner.
thank you alot

Is your computer set to DHCP? Under DHCP, all your computers compete for the address given by the router/switch based on who turns on their computer first. You could have 192.168.1.101 and another machine could have 192.168.1.102 today. Tomorrow, if that other computer is turned on before yours is, that computer will have 192.168.1.101 address.

If so, ensure the copier network DNS settings are set to match your network DNS. Also ensure SMB network settings are enabled and the workgroup setting matches what your workgroup is.

In the one-touch, change the IP address to a name, select the toggle to indicate you are using a name, and find the name of the PC you are scanning to in that one-touch. On the PC, start menu, control panel, "system" and when looking at the system property sheet, look for the name of your computer itself. Second tab in the list if I recall. I am on Win7, the layout is different, so I am only guessing. It is one of the tabs in the system window tho. Your PC name will be there. Change the one touch to use the PC name, reenter the PC login password and save the one touch.

Conversely, you could set your router/switch to assign IP addresses based on the MAC address of each computer. This is the most elegant way of doing an address assignment as it ensures a permanent address is given to ONE machine without a chance for conflict. See your router user manual for more information.

femchi
10-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Perfect. thank you so much. there is not thanks button here I have to say thanks in a reply.
thanks so much

Custom Search