PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta 8050, ip-921 problem

Custom Search

majas
10-26-2009, 10:51 PM
Hello Everybody!
I've Buy a print controler ip-921 for my konica 8050, I put the board and hard drive together inside and connect everything. The machine is starting normally but work only as a copier. The fan is not working,and the board is all cool. The controller board does have green and red LEDs, but any of them isn't shining. I've check up the power and every where it was. Thanks for any help and sorry for my english:).

RRodgers
10-27-2009, 12:43 AM
If I remember correctly when you install a IP 921 there was an extra power board that you had to install. I "believe" this board powered the HD of the fiery. (but I could be wrong)

majas
10-27-2009, 07:36 AM
Could you explain what is an extra power board? maybe you have any photo or manual how to connect the ip-921. I get the main board with ram and hard drive. The hard drive is connected with the mainboard normal ata cable. I find 2 normal power connectors like in pc inside the 8050 and connect one to the mainboard and second to the hard drive. There is one more power connector 4 pins and i conneected it too. I've get the tape that is connecting outside the old board and the mainboard of the ip-921.

brian155
10-28-2009, 11:37 AM
it is situated at the rear lower right of the engine. if i can remember it has two or three conectors.

majas
11-03-2009, 07:32 AM
Hello,
Thanks everybody for helping me! I found that i don't have the power board for my fiery. Now I have the power board connected and the fiery starting, but there is second problem. The two red leds i shining. In the service manual is writed something light this:
• HDD cable is loose or missing.
• System software is corrupt.
• HDD is faulty.
HDD cable i think they are connected OK, maybe the system software i corrupted, and that is my question. Can anybody send me the system for the ip-921?It will be very helpful. Thanks for tyour help and offcourse sorry for my english:D!

majas
11-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Hello
Anybody don't have the cd with system for ip-921? My service man said me that he can't find that system on konicaminolta ftp. Maybe somebody have that system on cd and can send me? Today i call to konica minolta and they have that but they want to much money for that.
Best regards!
majas

Stirton.M
11-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Hello
Anybody don't have the cd with system for ip-921? My service man said me that he can't find that system on konicaminolta ftp. Maybe somebody have that system on cd and can send me? Today i call to konica minolta and they have that but they want to much money for that.
Best regards!
majas

It is available in the mykonicaminolta.com access. If your service man has an account there, he should be able to find it. As for providing it to you, your local shop is likely charging you the time they would charge for an IT call, whatever that rate is at a one hour minimum, even if it takes 10 minutes to burn the disk(s), as there is a system disk and a user disk, both needed to do a system install properly. Then a third disk to include all the current patches as well as the documents explaining what each is, and their dependencies.

You could try EFI directly, to see if they will give you a better deal.

majas
11-13-2009, 11:15 PM
Hello and thanks Mr. Stirton.M (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/stirton-m.html) for reply!
I just get the ip-921 system. But there is another problem. I turn on the fiery to Service position (toward the motherboard). And turn on only main power button. I start the instalation, Application initialize conection with fiery and start sending packages. The problem is that the app is hang at 4211 kbytes send, and after few minutes appear a communicate: connection timeout. I tryed to change the disk, tape, lan cable(cross-over, and normal), and everything that possible without results. Maybe somebody have any ideas?
Best regards.Majas

pepper38_cnd
11-15-2009, 07:09 PM
Try using the parallel cable method

majas
11-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Hello, i tryed but it stops at start, it only send 64 kb

pepper38_cnd
11-15-2009, 07:46 PM
Have you replaced the HDD? Is it possible you have a HDD problem?

majas
11-15-2009, 08:25 PM
I replaced hdd and change it to different one, and i changed the ata tapes too and nothing happend, the same problem

majas
11-19-2009, 11:13 PM
HELLO!:D
I Resolve the problem. For HDD there are two power cords. If the short one is connected the fiery i working but it can't load the system, I connected the longer one and the second isn't connected to anything. Now there is no problem to load the new software and boot the fiery.
Thanks everybody for help!
BEST REGARDS!!!
MAJAS:)

Custom Search