PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C650 banding

Custom Search

renot
10-29-2009, 01:06 AM
Yellow imaging units are only lasting for about 3 weeks and banding starts to occur. The problem looks just like the C450's that would leak developer and required new shutters and seals on the toner hopper. I did replace the shutters and seals on the C650 but the problem has returned. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Stirton.M
10-29-2009, 02:53 AM
We are seeing this ourselves from time to time. There really is no rhyme or reason with respect to any one machine. It appears the problem is batch related, and yellow seems almost ALWAYS the one to go.

buster68
10-29-2009, 09:06 PM
you don't have enough pressure from the lock levers for the imaging units.
You need to increase the thickness of the black spongepad on the blue lock levers. I've found that if I cut up the thick mylar cover that comes with the BH350 for the scanner lock into 1cm squares, and put about 3-4 stacked on the black pad, it creates enough pressure so the iu's don't lose bias.

Stirton.M
10-30-2009, 01:21 AM
you don't have enough pressure from the lock levers for the imaging units.
You need to increase the thickness of the black spongepad on the blue lock levers. I've found that if I cut up the thick mylar cover that comes with the BH350 for the scanner lock into 1cm squares, and put about 3-4 stacked on the black pad, it creates enough pressure so the iu's don't lose bias.

Good tip....I suspected it might be something like that, though usually I see this with the back IU lever is not locked. I'll have to try this.

Custom Search