PDA

View Full Version : C6500 Cyan background on copy only

Custom Search

laserman06
10-30-2009, 12:23 AM
Went to a C6500 today that is giving cyan background on copies only. If the customer prints or I print internal test pattern they come out fine.

While at the customers site today, I did the following:

1. Cleaned optics.
2. Reseated CCD ribbon cable.
3. Reseated control board.
4. Reseated HDDs
5. Reseated all connectors on Image processing board.
6. Flashed machine with Version 60 firmware.
7. Recalled standard data.
8. Pulled all my hair out.
9. Got a headache from banging my head against the wall.

Tech support said to replace IPB. If that doesn't work replace the CCD.

Any ideas?

Have attached a sample.

Stirton.M
10-30-2009, 01:16 AM
ICK!!!! :eek: That be ugly.

Uh....try to do a scanner calibration using colourcal through fiery control panel on copier interface. I know this is not recommended because of the limitations of doing scanner calibration for the fiery, but through this interface, you can calibrate the scanner. Its used to allow you to do a colour calibration more accurately for the fiery. You do not need to do the second step, just the scanner.

If that doesn't work, replace the CCD.

ebm
10-30-2009, 01:26 AM
What does it look like in the process section- cyan developer overtoned and spilling toner/developer?

Also, how does "single" color copies come out? Does cyan come out in all "single" color copy modes? Have you double checked the transfer rollers for proper positioning? Have you tried replacing the cyan developer unit? Have you tried replacing or exchanging the cyan drum and charge units with one of the other colors? Have you tried exchanging the cyan write unit with one of the other colors? Have you tried cleaning the cyan drum shaft?

Some of the things I would try, hope this helps. I have banged my head against the wall many times working on this model, too! You're not alone, hang in there.

mrwho
10-30-2009, 09:03 AM
What does it look like in the process section- cyan developer overtoned and spilling toner/developer?

Sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree with this one, since the background respects the white border around the copy - if it was a process problem, that would never happen.

So, it seems you're stuck with a scanner/reading problem. I read that you reseated a lot of things, but never actually replaced anything. If you have a similar machine around, I'd try to swap both the CCD and the IPB as suggested by KoMi, but also the CCD ribbon itself - it can cause that sort of thing.

maxtrax
11-07-2009, 09:04 AM
replace IP board

laserman06
11-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Sorry it took so long to update. Replaced the image processing board and problem went away.

Thanks for the help.

Custom Search