PDA

View Full Version : FS1010 Feed Solenoid (FEDDRN) Intermittent Problem

Custom Search

Arlington456
11-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Hi,

I am new to the board. I just posted this in the copier section - woops.

The following thread is the closest I came to finding something similar to my issue : "kyocera-fs-1010-firmware"

THE PROBLEM

Today my FS1010 stopped picking up paper from the Cassette.

The feed roller was not moving, yet everything else sounded fine. I isolated the problem to the feed solenoid (clutch). It is only intermittently working to allow the feed roller to pick up the paper, i.e. sometimes it operates correctly and other times it does not at all...mostly it does not.

Is this likely to be a fault with the solenoid, or is it likely to be an electrical fault with the Engine Board? I noticed that the service manual does not contain a circuit diagram of the Engine Board KP-882 :(

This has been a great printer and I would like to be able to fix it.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
:confused:
Nick

Jules Winfield
11-06-2009, 01:36 AM
I would try cleaning the clutch and solenoid to see if the problem ceases or at least changes. If no luck, then I would replace the clutch and solenoid before even thinking about ordering a Main or Engine board as clutches/solenoids are way cheaper than boards.

TheOwl
11-08-2009, 11:59 PM
Take the side off the machine and try printing to the machine. Watch what the solenoid does when it works and when it doesn't work.

You can then manually operate the solenoid to make sure that this is the issue.

What can happen with these solenoids is that the wires can get in the way and jam the solenoid open / shut. You can also try putting a bit of rubber or foam on the solenoid actuator arm to stop the solenoid jamming.

I believe there is some info in these forums about this issue.

Custom Search