PDA

View Full Version : xerox 5308 need drum reset procedure

Custom Search

konicaminoltaguy
03-03-2007, 10:14 PM
my uncle got a drum light on a 5308,which is in the 6 th edition of the intrivia's manual and guess which manual i misplaced.
i thought it was clear ,exposure button,clear ,exposure button.but thats not working.and i know it's 24 - 07 but i just cant remember how to get into tech mode.

Luther
03-05-2007, 04:15 AM
Go to partsdrop.com to the tech info page it has the drum reset procedure listed there, good luck

CJ@CTS
03-05-2007, 04:16 AM
There's a little black box behind the drum unit with a probably grey lever sticking upwardly from it. The lever wants to be pushed on to reset the mechanical ratchet thingy. No code involved. CJ@CTS

lwood
03-05-2007, 04:17 AM
Partsdrop Online Store (http://www.partsdrop.com)

FLBP
03-05-2007, 03:47 PM
It is a mechanical counter: pull out the drum. On the rear of the drum unit is a metal tab. Straighten it out to approx a 45 degree angle and reinstall the drum unit. This should press the reset button located behind the drum. If it does not, look for a little button you can push it in with a pen or something - this should reset the counter.

Leafer
03-06-2007, 02:24 AM
This is an older Xerox similar to a 5008. This reset procedure is from the company PartsDrop.

A new cartridge will have an actuator sticking out the rear. It is designed to push a lever on the counter mechanism inside the machine, and then spring back into the cartridge(so it won't reset the machine again).the actuator can be reset on the cartridge,or...if that fails,you can unplug the machine,remove the cartridge & push the lever on the counter mechanism with your finger to reset the count.

Hope this helps.

Custom Search