PDA

View Full Version : Pcmcia Card

Custom Search

Morlock49
12-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Help. Does anyone have an Older 16Mb pcmcia card. I need to update the firmware on a CF-3102.

we just purchased a new card from konica minolta but it locks up our PC's everytime we try to use SwapFTL to program it. ( does anyone else have this problem with the new cards?).

I can read the 8Mb cards no problem with SwapFTL.

Is there a good program other than SwapFTL to use?

RRodgers
12-05-2009, 02:48 AM
SM9FA4088IP3ASD 8MB PCMCIA ATA Flash Card, Smart, BRJ, SM9FA4088IP3ASD - MemoryTen (http://www.memoryten.com/003049.htm)

$30 plus shipping is what I found first listing on google. I would check them out first on Store Ratings & Reviews - ResellerRatings.com - Shop Safe & Avoid Scams (http://www.resellerratings.com) first before you buy. You can also try Laptop batteries, LCD screens, and laptop parts (http://www.priorityelectronics.com), my buddy works there... just tell them Rob Rodgers Sent ya!

Ebay link $12.99
INTEL PCMCIA 8MB Flash Memory Card iMC008FLSP-15/25-S - eBay (item 320450567064 end time Dec-17-09 17:27:55 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/INTEL-PCMCIA-8MB-Flash-Memory-Card-iMC008FLSP-15-25-S_W0QQitemZ320450567064QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPCC_Driv es_Storage_Internal?hash=item4a9c579b98)

servicekonicaminolta
12-05-2009, 04:02 PM
you have not properly installed PCMCIA card installation, draws after the destruction of the card itself. May I know you can not recover the 16Mb.
There is a standard procedure to install these cards, perhaps on the 16Mb you see now in the windows as FAT or SMTP

Morlock49
12-07-2009, 02:07 AM
you have not properly installed PCMCIA card installation, draws after the destruction of the card itself. May I know you can not recover the 16Mb.
There is a standard procedure to install these cards, perhaps on the 16Mb you see now in the windows as FAT or SMTP

I followed the instructions for setting up the SwapFTL and setting driver for card from bulletin for XP. As I said, I can read 8Mb cards but the new 16Mb cards kick my butt and totally lock up my PC. I suspect they are based on an Intel chipset instead of AMD

OBXtech
12-07-2009, 01:58 PM
I suspect they are based on an Intel chipset instead of AMD

I don't think that the chipset is your problem. I had the same exact problem on my PC and laptop (both are Intel). I was never able to come to a working solution. We submitted the problem to Konica-Minolta (over a month ago), but have still not heard anything back. Good luck, and post if you find a fix.:cool:

mrwho
12-07-2009, 04:52 PM
Ricoh's older machines also use PCMCIA cards for fw updating. Maybe their software works with Konica cards also - after all, it just writes binary files to the card. It's called Memory Card Explorer, and there's a demo and a full version.

Send me your emails you two and I can send it to you so you can work out if it works - provided you give me some feedback, since I'm interested in the outcome of that. :)

Frostwolf
12-09-2009, 04:23 AM
I don't know the part number but you can order the firmware from Konica Minolta with the firmware already on the card if you had to.

Morlock49
12-09-2009, 02:56 PM
I don't know the part number but you can order the firmware from Konica Minolta with the firmware already on the card if you had to.

I had to send the card back for Konica Minolta to try to programme. they dont have any programmed cards available.

servicekonicaminolta
03-01-2010, 09:51 PM
SwapFTL version for Windows 2000

------ Warning -----

please read carefully the text below before you insert
any PCMCIA Card into your system; and follow the steps
described below. (see below ***)

1. Installation:

Start "Setup.exe" on the installation disk or directory.
The setup program will copy all needed files to your local hard disk.
You do not need to reboot the PC.
Remove the installation disk from the drive now, otherwise
you will run in problems with the next installation steps.

2. Select the SwapFTL Driver

To get the FTL Driver selected and installed you have make sure that
Win2000 does not install the Win2000-Memory Card driver first !

First action :
-configure your explorer.exe to show all files, independing of the
extension all hidden all sytems files.
-delete the files memcard.inf and memcard.pnf in the WINNT\inf directory,
as well in the service pack directories WINNT\ServicePackFiles\i386\.

When you insert a Memory PC Card

-a dialog pop's up "found new hardware"
-Click "next" in the "Found new hardware wizard" to go to the next screen.
-Choose "Display a list of the known drivers..." and click "next".
-Select "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers", click "next".
-Select "SCM Microsystems" on the left side and "SwapFTL PCMCIA Memory Card"
on the right side and click "next".

A warning message pops up that the driver is not for this device. You should
ignore this warning, click on "Yes". Click on "next". A new warning message
will inform you that windows can not find a signature for the driver.
You should ignore this warning and click on "Yes".
Click on "Finish".

Now you should have a new drive letter in the "My Computer" window,
and the SwapFTL Format and Binary Utility can be used.

In case there was an PCMCIA Card inserted before you have
read this readme-file, and WIN2000 has activated the WIN2000
MTD Driver, you have to delete all entrys in your device manager
in respect of the PCMCIA Card before you install the FTL driver.

Custom Search