PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C450 Scan Problem

Custom Search

mblanchard@flozio
12-21-2009, 02:59 PM
I just installed Windows 7 on my computer and now have no access to scanned documents saved to my folder on our C450. Has anyone else had this problem? When I type in the path to the C 450 folders on my PC I get an error message saying the "site" can not be found. Any help would be appreciated!

Morlock49
12-21-2009, 05:52 PM
Not sure about windows 7 but you may have to set up your network security to allow the copier to communicate with your pc. the IP address may be barred from returning info from the copier.....just an idea to check

Also basic question...is your pc on the same Ip range as the copier

ni311
12-21-2009, 07:32 PM
Can you access your folder with Pagescope Box Operator or with the browser?
My guess is that it is something related to Windows 7 connectivity.

emujo
12-22-2009, 12:02 AM
Its' the same issue we had with Vista...Microsoft keeps adding software to keep you're PC "secure" but the only thing it does is make it harder to connect the periphials the customer wants. In about 1 year we'll get it figured out and then Windows 8 will be launched. EMujo

RRodgers
12-22-2009, 01:41 AM
I had a 7228 box that I just did today. I couldn't for the life of me get it to scan to the 6 win7 computers they had. The work around I did was have it scan to the XP box and then just put short cuts on there desktops.

It works and now they are happy.

ni311
12-22-2009, 04:03 PM
emujo is so right, just try to delete a file that Win7 believe it is important even if it is not, you'll see that you'll never succeed, even if you are an administrator.
Just look at this windows 7 you require permission from - Google Search (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1B3GGGL_enRO316RO318&q=windows+7+you+require+permission+from&aq=5&oq=windows+7+yo&aqi=g9g-s1) and you'll see how many hits you'll have in Google for Win 7 security related issues.

Stirton.M
12-23-2009, 04:08 AM
I just installed Windows 7 on my computer and now have no access to scanned documents saved to my folder on our C450. Has anyone else had this problem? When I type in the path to the C 450 folders on my PC I get an error message saying the "site" can not be found. Any help would be appreciated!

SMB entertainment. See attached files for examples.

I have a couple customers who've upgraded to Win7.

A few rules regarding SMB.

The copier must be configured to the network. This includes DNS and WINS. WINS is generally not always used by some IT...it is considered a security hole by some, but the copier can still make use of the feature by simply just placing the Gateway and one of the DNS entries.

Also, the workgroup is important. Is your copier and the Win7 computer on the same workgroup? Depending on the version of Windows (home vs ultimate for example), each uses a different workgroup name by default. To see which workgroup your PC is using, you can do this through the system applet. Go to control panel and set the choice to small icons. You will get the full listing of the control panel applets. Select system. It will show you there what workgroup you are connected to.

And though it is not always necessary, I generally recommend the computer be password protected.

Also, is the folder on your computer "shared", and further, are users visitors to that share allowed to make changes? See attached file regarding this.

If all checks out on those, check the setting on the copier regarding the one touch itself. Is it set to the correct IP (or computer name)? Is the name of the folder the same as the share?

Hansoon
12-23-2009, 05:42 AM
Good info Stirton. Thanks.

Hans

mjunkaged
08-13-2010, 07:44 AM
Hey, if it's only happening with WIN7, the poster below is correct, it is a windows problem/issue.
On win7, the print spooler has gotten really stupid. Half the time your printsrs list willl show printers as off line when they're damn well on line.!
And vice-versa. makes it real fun to print.
I'm guessing if you can't connect to print, you won't be scanning either . Joy
Every other win update it gets 'fixed', then the next update, you're losing your print spooler again.
IF restarting the PC or restarting the print spooler (control panel > admin tools > services > print spooler > right click and hit 'restart') then it's def. win7 and NOT your machine or the network.

Stirton.M
08-13-2010, 10:35 AM
not to burst your bubble, but this thread is over 8 months old. And it has nothing to do with printing and everything to do with scanning to smb.

Not to mention, I have NEVER had problems with windows 7 on Konica Minolta hardware when the driver is set up properly, using the proper port and bi-directional options check enabled. The print spooler is identical to the one found in XP.

I cannot speak for the drivers of other vendors, but I suspect that this is where your problem lies, in how the driver connects. Use TCP/IP and RAW 9100 with SNMP enabled. Do not use shared resources, always print direct.

copytechman
08-13-2010, 12:54 PM
I use tcp/ip with either raw (port 9100) or lpr (PORT or PORT1, sometimes print or direct, depends on queue) with byte counting on, I generally turn off snmp because I've found that it can cause inadvertent "down" depending on the messages getting back to the pc.

I too have had issues scanning to windows 7/vista but only with the "home" versions. With the ultimate/professional versions it allows you to set up sharing in what I would call the "conventional" manner, which generally has always worked for me.

Regards!
A.

Stirton.M
08-13-2010, 02:21 PM
I use tcp/ip with either raw (port 9100) or lpr (PORT or PORT1, sometimes print or direct, depends on queue) with byte counting on, I generally turn off snmp because I've found that it can cause inadvertent "down" depending on the messages getting back to the pc.

I too have had issues scanning to windows 7/vista but only with the "home" versions. With the ultimate/professional versions it allows you to set up sharing in what I would call the "conventional" manner, which generally has always worked for me.

Regards!
A.

The SNMP feature itself is what allows the driver to poll the network for the hardware directly to ensure it is online. What might be related to some people having trouble with this is with the printer itself. In the case of KM machines, we deliberately turn off "Sleep Mode". If the machine goes to sleep, SNMP will not see an active machine and will show it as "offline". Our hardware is capable of low power mode, which we have found, more often than not, the customer prefers anyway. This characteristic can also be found in computers as well, where sleep mode on any PC will drop it from the network view to other PCs on that same group.

I suppose you could turn off SNMP as you have said, to bypass this problem, but if I recall, the copier in sleep mode will not wake up upon a print command. At least, this was our experience in the past.

The "home" variants should never be found in a business environment. Any IT that is worth his or her salt should know the limitations of this OS variant. I suspect that budget constraints dictate the presence of this "inferior" version over the pro or ultimate. Sucks to be them if they cheap out.

copytechman
08-13-2010, 06:13 PM
Shouldn't is the key word here!

Regards!
A.

Custom Search