PDA

View Full Version : Kyocer FS3820 Print Quality

Custom Search

TommyH
12-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Working on a kyocera fs3820 and I am getting a graying background. It does not cover the page completely almost like gray vertical lines.

I have looked in the manual and for the graying it states; check print density setting, defective drum, clean the grid, developing roller.

For veritcal lines; clean main charge wire, defective drum, defective magnet roller in developer.

In Nov of 2008 we did a maint kit on this device which replaced the drum, fuser, developer, and transfer feed unit. Since then the device has about 107k pages put on it.

I have cleaned the device out, replaced toner as it was low and waste bin was near full. When it says clean the grid are they talking about just the pulling the green lever thats on the left side of the printer in and out? Or does this just clean the main charge wire? I looked to find out how to clean the grid but was unable to find anything on that.

After cleaning the grid any recommendations on the next thing to try? Has anyone run across this before or a common problem? Would you replace the developer or drum first?

taskalfaman
02-02-2010, 06:49 PM
hi,
please change the dev, the problem should be solved.
I hope the customer is using original Kyo toner?
best regards

Custom Search