PDA

View Full Version : KONICA C350

Custom Search

copierlady
01-05-2010, 11:26 PM
Trying my hand at rechiping the iu's, and the fuses on the fuser and belt. Anything i need to know or have to do after i replace chips and fuses?

Jules Winfield
01-05-2010, 11:33 PM
Make sure to use OEM toner on these machines. It will do no good to extend the life of the IUs if you're shortening the life at the same time by using aftermarket toner.

Stirton.M
01-06-2010, 06:56 AM
Trying my hand at rechiping the iu's, and the fuses on the fuser and belt. Anything i need to know or have to do after i replace chips and fuses?

Nothing particularly special aside from having the customer observe the machine for any drop in copy quality. In most cases, the drum units will not make it to the end of the count before copy quality is unacceptable. The transfer belt AND 2nd roller can be reset a few times, but again, this is subject to copy quality. Once the surface of the belt becomes worn (dull surface), its no longer any good and must be replaced. Depending on the paper stock used, even belts that look ok after a reset will have PCQ. The transfer roller should be replaced at least once every couple belt units.

If the counter fails to reset, check to see if any P codes are present and clear those problems to allow the machine to pop the fuse or chip.

copierlady
01-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Thank you guys. Have a good week.

laserman06
01-07-2010, 02:22 AM
Before I reset the IUs or the transfer belts, I always print out a 11X17 halftone test prints in each color. If there are any defects, I replace them. If you only have defect in one color, replace that color. If the same defect is in all colors, then replace belt.

Also, when I reset the transfer belt, I pull the transfer belt cleaner assy and vacuum it out.

Custom Search