PDA

View Full Version : How do i use my c351 on Mac 10.6 since AppleTalk exist no longer?

Custom Search

mbakken
01-09-2010, 12:23 AM
I have upgraded to snow leopard and apple has removed AppleTalk from their OS altogether. AppleTalk is how I have communicated with my c351 in the past.

i have installed the latest C351 driver from the site that is supposed to work with 10.6. There seem to be others ways to connect to the printer (LPD, IP) but i have no idea what to do.

HELP!:(

Stirton.M
01-09-2010, 12:36 AM
Apple talk was crap...far far too chatty....constant waste of bandwidth...it is why Apple dropped this tech in favour of TCP/IP.

Consult your user manuals on the copier to configure it's network settings under TCP/IP.

Install your printer driver, use port 9100...it is tcp default on all our machines.

The print operations manual will outline how to set up the driver.

If you do not have the manuals, you can download them from here...

Konica Minolta Knowlegebase (http://207.194.48.151/intranet2/browse.php?sess=0&parent=4962&expand=1&order=name&sortname=ASC)

alexfixes
01-09-2010, 12:45 AM
I have upgraded to snow leopard and apple has removed AppleTalk from their OS altogether. AppleTalk is how I have communicated with my c351 in the past.

i have installed the latest C351 driver from the site that is supposed to work with 10.6. There seem to be others ways to connect to the printer (LPD, IP) but i have no idea what to do.

HELP!:(
this is simple. I have connected c252 almost the same as c351 to wireless router which apple named time capsule wire less hot spot . this is how i did it. i connect the hp printer to the router.i connect the c252 to the router from at@t cable dsl has eithernet port on back of it, so you can connect up to 4 device. then get wireless time capsule to communicat to your power mac or macintosh, you don't need appletalk stuff.you just search for the print diver, bizhub c351 and c353 uses windows/macintosh ver 4.0 and place that cd and let it to find the driver. you're rock and roll man. if you need help i can come and install it on the filed. let me know if that helped. good luck

alexfixes
01-09-2010, 12:49 AM
Apple talk was crap...far far too chatty....constant waste of bandwidth...it is why Apple dropped this tech in favour of TCP/IP.

Consult your user manuals on the copier to configure it's network settings under TCP/IP.

Install your printer driver, use port 9100...it is tcp default on all our machines.

The print operations manual will outline how to set up the driver.

If you do not have the manuals, you can download them from here...

Konica Minolta Knowlegebase (http://207.194.48.151/intranet2/browse.php?sess=0&parent=4962&expand=1&order=name&sortname=ASC)

this is simple. don't need apple talk ,old stuff, follow the instruction for tcp/ip.....I have connected c252 almost the same as c351 to wireless router which apple named time capsule wire less hot spot . this is how i did it. i connect the hp printer to the router.i connect the c252 to the router from at@t cable dsl has eithernet port on back of it, so you can connect up to 4 device. then get wireless time capsule to communicat to your power mac or macintosh, you don't need appletalk stuff.you just search for the print diver, bizhub c351 and c353 uses windows/macintosh ver 4.0 and place that cd and let it to find the driver. you're rock and roll man. if you need help i can come and install it on the filed. let me know if that helped. good luck

mbakken
01-09-2010, 01:03 AM
In order to connect via TCP/IP, I need to change my IP address that a technician originally programmed in. When i go to network settings there is no response when i hit delete or try to change these numbers. Nothing under network settings is letting me change these.

what are the proper steps?

(i am using 12345678 to get into this screen. 00000000 is not letting me in.)

Stirton.M
01-09-2010, 01:39 AM
In order to connect via TCP/IP, I need to change my IP address that a technician originally programmed in. When i go to network settings there is no response when i hit delete or try to change these numbers. Nothing under network settings is letting me change these.

Out of curiosity, is there a fiery controller on your machine? Basically an extra box that is attached to the lower rear side, just behind the paper tray cabinet.

If so, this is a fiery controller and your copier is physically set to that. An indicator would be on the control panel, a small "i" on the left side, or if you press the utility key, you will see a button called "Controller" there. In this case, the IP address of the copier is set on the fiery. You can print out a configuration sheet from the "controller" access...tape the "i" or go through utility key and tap the "controller" button. Then touch "menu" and you will see the print option. Tap the arrows on the right side that are parallel to the choice you want. Configuration sheet is available there.

alexfixes
01-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Out of curiosity, is there a fiery controller on your machine? Basically an extra box that is attached to the lower rear side, just behind the paper tray cabinet.

If so, this is a fiery controller and your copier is physically set to that. An indicator would be on the control panel, a small "i" on the left side, or if you press the utility key, you will see a button called "Controller" there. In this case, the IP address of the copier is set on the fiery. You can print out a configuration sheet from the "controller" access...tape the "i" or go through utility key and tap the "controller" button. Then touch "menu" and you will see the print option. Tap the arrows on the right side that are parallel to the choice you want. Configuration sheet is available there.
Please coresct me on this if i'm wrong. Is the password for fiery is Fiery1
to get to configuration to change ip address. also don't we need two ip address for fiery one for the engine and one for controller. there is always one ip address reserved for the engine if there is fiery attched to the copier.
thanks

alexfixes
01-10-2010, 11:01 PM

to get to configuration to change ip address. also don't we need two ip address for fiery one for the engine and one for controller. there is always one ip address reserved for the engine if there is fiery attched to the copier.
thanks

Stirton.M
01-11-2010, 02:47 AM
thanks

Password default on Fiery's is "Fiery.1" as seen, no quotes. Every setup I do with a fiery, I deliberately remove the password. Cannot say this of other branches. Just prevents problems down the road.

As for IP, the copier gets its address internally from the fiery, but unlike more current setups, the address is just between the fiery and the copier and is inaccessible from the outside. The address of the fiery itself will gain you access to the MIB of the copier, which in turn will allow you access to the Fiery web interface via user screen.

If the ability to change the copier IP address is any indicator, this tells me there is a fiery connected and that the controller type is set to type 2 in tech rep, forces the copier to relegate network control to the external device, in this case, the fiery. There is little other reason to not being able to change the IP at the copier, which is of course not needed when a fiery is present.

alexfixes
01-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Password default on Fiery's is "Fiery.1" as seen, no quotes. Every setup I do with a fiery, I deliberately remove the password. Cannot say this of other branches. Just prevents problems down the road.

As for IP, the copier gets its address internally from the fiery, but unlike more current setups, the address is just between the fiery and the copier and is inaccessible from the outside. The address of the fiery itself will gain you access to the MIB of the copier, which in turn will allow you access to the Fiery web interface via user screen.

If the ability to change the copier IP address is any indicator, this tells me there is a fiery connected and that the controller type is set to type 2 in tech rep, forces the copier to relegate network control to the external device, in this case, the fiery. There is little other reason to not being able to change the IP at the copier, which is of course not needed when a fiery is present.

It's been almost about year that I had installed fiery, so when do we set the controler for type 1. Thank you for the information.

Stirton.M
01-13-2010, 12:13 AM
It's been almost about year that I had installed fiery, so when do we set the controler for type 1. Thank you for the information.

If memory serves, Controller Type 1 is the internal device. Controller Type 3 is....I haven't a clue...never seen that option...perhaps a "pro" controller was planned for at one time.

Custom Search