PDA

View Full Version : Minolta EP 1083 - AE adjust after new drum

Custom Search

tabstogo
01-11-2010, 06:01 PM
I am helping my mom's office with their old (but hardy!) EP 1083. I replaced the drum and according to some info I found online it said I should run the AE adjustment from service mode.

Here is the procedure from the manual:

Whenever the PC Drum has been replaced, be sure tomake the "Adjustments of the Optimum Exposure Settingin the Manual and Auto Mode." See pp. D-51 to D-52

<Setting Procedure>1. Enter the number assigned to the desired test from the 10-Keys. (The number appears on the Multi-Copy Display.)2. Press the Start key to start the test.3. Press the Stop key to stop the test

I went into service mode. Stop 0, Stop 1. Pressed the 5 key as the setting called for "F5" but in the display it shows "6" even though I did press 5...

Not sure what I am doing wrong/right. Anyone with some insight?

thanks!

tonerspot
01-12-2010, 07:55 AM
first clean mirrors and coronas stop 0 stop 1, 1 start 5 start

zaza
01-12-2010, 03:18 PM
well all this is good ...but you should be change the Blade cleaner one time if you changing the drum ...you know it's very necessary to changing the new blade if you change the drum ..l hope you find it this problems good luck :rolleyes:
I am helping my mom's office with their old (but hardy!) EP 1083. I replaced the drum and according to some info I found online it said I should run the AE adjustment from service mode.

Here is the procedure from the manual:

Whenever the PC Drum has been replaced, be sure tomake the "Adjustments of the Optimum Exposure Settingin the Manual and Auto Mode." See pp. D-51 to D-52

<Setting Procedure>1. Enter the number assigned to the desired test from the 10-Keys. (The number appears on the Multi-Copy Display.)2. Press the Start key to start the test.3. Press the Stop key to stop the test
I went into service mode. Stop 0, Stop 1. Pressed the 5 key as the setting called for "F5" but in the display it shows "6" even though I did press 5...

Not sure what I am doing wrong/right. Anyone with some insight?

thanks!

tabstogo
01-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Yes, I did change the blade, cleaned the coronas (blew them out with air and then used a bit of alcohol on the mesh area.

The drum was ruined by a label that came off and adhered to the drum and caused all sorts of problems.

tabstogo
01-12-2010, 03:24 PM
thanks TonerSpot! I'll do that and report back.

Custom Search