PDA

View Full Version : DI550 C1326 firmware upgrade

Custom Search

mattwill1107
01-21-2010, 08:09 PM
We have a DI550 that throws a C1326 error code every morning, cleared with opening and closing the front door, and the machine runs fine until the next morning. Konica Minolta website talks about a firmware bug/doing a firmware update, but the service manual does not make very clear how this is performed (in fact it never even uses the word "firmware"). Does anyone have experience with doing a firmware upgrade they can relate in plain english? I'm experienced with doing firmware upgrades on other manufacturers, and even on newer Konica Minolta's, but this one throws me for a loop. Anything anyone can offer?

buster68
01-22-2010, 01:43 PM
you need to have 3 PCMCIA cards to load firmware on the Di550. one for the A-Board (back-upper left), one for the B-Board(right side above the laser unit), and one for the Fiery interface(if it has one). There were some of those machines that the A-Board was missing the PC card slot...hopefully thats not the case for you. You'll also need a program to right the firmware to these cards. Basically after you get the firmware on the cards, you turn off and unplug the machines, insert the cards and wait about 30 minutes for the firmware to write. The unplug the copier, turn off the powerswitch, then remove the cards. I haven't had to do any in about 5 years...our sales staff were very diligent at removing/upgrading that line of copiers from our service area.

Rudi
01-25-2010, 07:05 PM
you need to have 3 PCMCIA cards to load firmware on the Di550. one for the A-Board (back-upper left), one for the B-Board(right side above the laser unit), and one for the Fiery interface(if it has one). There were some of those machines that the A-Board was missing the PC card slot...hopefully thats not the case for you. You'll also need a program to right the firmware to these cards. Basically after you get the firmware on the cards, you turn off and unplug the machines, insert the cards and wait about 30 minutes for the firmware to write. The unplug the copier, turn off the powerswitch, then remove the cards. I haven't had to do any in about 5 years...our sales staff were very diligent at removing/upgrading that line of copiers from our service area.Be sure to pay attention to the procedure mentioned by buster 68 when upgrading cause it could turn fatal when done wrong.

Custom Search