PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C450

Custom Search

Sasha
01-29-2010, 06:57 PM
I have read most threads here to see if they would address my problem ... but no luck ...

This C450 has a Fiery ... that cannon be accessed ... so the Fiery.1 password is pointless
Has an IP that I cannot change and starts with a 172.

I have read the books frontward and backwards ,,, but they don't address issues ... just set up and such ..

Anyone else with either of these problems?

Thanx

RRodgers
01-29-2010, 07:45 PM
What is your question?

Sasha
01-29-2010, 07:47 PM
How do I set up network printing if I can't change the IP?

RRodgers
01-29-2010, 08:03 PM
When you hit the utility button is there a button (on the bottom) that says controller detail? (or something to that effect) Might be your fiery has fallen asleep. Maybe reboot both the copier and the fiery, wait about 5 mins and try to connect to it again.
Let me know how that works out for ya.

Sasha
01-29-2010, 09:09 PM
No I do not see it ...

I did power off the Fiery even though the pilot light was on as well as the entire machine and restarted it. Still don't see it.

Sasha
01-29-2010, 09:40 PM
Also .. .just noticed the following message on top of the display

READY TO COPY
POWER ON THE CONTROLLER

RRodgers
01-30-2010, 02:59 AM
How long did the "Power on the Controller" was on the display? I've seen this, sometimes it takes a while for the fiery to boot so you'll see this for a while. If it NEVER goes away, check to make sure that the cables are connected properly from the fiery to the copier. If this is a new fiery install you have to go into tech mode and tell the machine to expect a fiery.

Also, fiery OS might just need to be reloaded.

Sasha
02-01-2010, 03:50 PM
The message never goes away. The Fiery has been on it, but it's the first time we've made an attempt to print on it.

I unplugged the cables and replugged them one at a time. So that is not the problem.

In the Admin mode I do not see the option to tell the machine to expect it.

Sasha
02-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Also, according to the book, there is supposed to be an option 5 "Controller Detail" to configure the Fiery. But on this machine there are only 4 options and the 5th does not appear. ???????

"""""It says if you r configuring the Fiery for the first time, the "Power on the Controller" message will not go away. In this case, go to Utility/Counter and select Option 5. (no such thing)""""""

TheOwl
02-01-2010, 09:56 PM
The 'Power On Controller' message is there because the Fiery isn't talking correctly to the copier. You will not find anything about the Fiery in 'Admin Mode' as the Fiery controller has it's own menu system as sych.

If the 'Power On Controller' message won't go away, then you may have plugged something in wrong. Re-check all you connectors to the Fiery. Utility / Counter - Option 5 will only be displayed once the Fiery is talking correctly to the copier. There is a chance that you might have a corrupt O/S on the Fiery and that is why it isn't talking correctly.

Sasha
02-01-2010, 10:08 PM
I have checked cables 3 times ... disconnected and reconnected them ...

So if the O/S is in fact corrupt, what to do?

TheOwl
02-01-2010, 10:25 PM
If the O/S is corrupted, then you will need to reload it.

The steps for this are detailed in the service manual for the Fiery. To follow the steps correctly, you will need a CD with the OS on it and a laptop connected to the Fiery.

RRodgers
02-02-2010, 01:43 AM
I could come out and do this for ya one day. At a rate that we can talk about if ya like.

Sasha
02-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Hi guys ... btw ... thank you both for staying on this ... so here is the latest ... I had a guy come out last night from the local Minolta service and he switched out the Fiery and put in a replacement ... still couldn't get the machine to see it or communicate ... After an hour and half of messing around with it, what he did was bypass the fiery and hook up the internal printer of the machine. Just by bypassing it he was able to change the IP (if you remember it wasn't letting us change the IP before) and get us printing ...

So what is the drawback of printing direct Vs. going through the fiery ... is it that big of a difference that I should worry about or is this sufficient?

TheOwl
02-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Remember that the IP address for the Fiery is changed in the Fiery menu, but the standard controller is changed under the Admin settings.

The Fiery is mostly used for production style printing where a better colour is required. You can also achieve better colour registration via Auto Trapping from the Fiery whereby colour bleed is better controller. You also have more processing power with the Fiery along with more processing and RIPing options.

This isn't to say that the standard controller isn't any good though. There are some options that the standard controller has, but the Fiery doesn't. It all comes back to the saying of 'Horses for courses'.

Sasha
02-02-2010, 11:41 PM
Those make perfect sense ... thank you

Any idea what may be wrong at this point since the fiery itself wasn't the problem?

Custom Search