PDA

View Full Version : Minolta Di250

Custom Search

JSC
03-25-2007, 08:28 PM
I have an old Di250 that Jams 1st thing in the morning half way out of the fsr unit, it will then work fine for the next few hundred copies then jam in the same place again. somtimes the paper is blank (bias fault?). I do not have any Di250s near this machine to swap parts, and my director does not want to spend any money on it , so i can not order any parts unless im sure it will fix it.

any help appreciated.....

wagon
03-26-2007, 06:35 AM
Most likely is the machine has a stuffed fuser exit sensor (or arm) ; most likely the sensor. It gets bbq'd by the fuser all of its life so it gets upset after a while. Also check the big clutch that drives the vertical transport (under the toner hopper area) is ok (service it - pull apart, roughen up faces etc.). Clean, clean, clean, clean etc. Have a look at the jam counts - they are your friend.

Kendall.

scorpio04
03-26-2007, 06:06 PM
I agree with Kendal. It is the exit sensor or the vertical transport clutch bushing. Rene

JSC
03-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the input, i have already changed the fsr sensor, but i have not striped out the vertical clutch i'll give it a go and let you know if it works.

Thanks again..:o

Mark B
03-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Clean the plastic exit bushing on the fuser

jerryblack
05-09-2007, 01:33 AM
I have an old Di250 that Jams 1st thing in the morning half way out of the fsr unit, it will then work fine for the next few hundred copies then jam in the same place again. somtimes the paper is blank (bias fault?). I do not have any Di250s near this machine to swap parts, and my director does not want to spend any money on it , so i can not order any parts unless im sure it will fix it.

any help appreciated.....
----
First, i suppose that the paper is curl at the exit. Check the bushing at the left of the upper fuser roller.

The copier have Duplex unit? check if the problem persist without it.

The page blank, change the UI.

wagon
05-09-2007, 01:43 AM
I agree - remove the duplexer and try that for a few days. Sometimes the motor that drives the exit roller on the fuser (when duplexer fitted) gets tired. Swapping the motors may help.

Kendall.

JSC
05-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Most likely is the machine has a stuffed fuser exit sensor (or arm) ; most likely the sensor. It gets bbq'd by the fuser all of its life so it gets upset after a while. Also check the big clutch that drives the vertical transport (under the toner hopper area) is ok (service it - pull apart, roughen up faces etc.). Clean, clean, clean, clean etc. Have a look at the jam counts - they are your friend.

Kendall.

Sorry forgot to get back to you guys, it was the Vertical transport clutch.

Thanks all........;)

Custom Search