PDA

View Full Version : J11 & J12 Jams on Konica Minolta Copier

Custom Search

eurosears
02-06-2010, 05:01 AM
I have a Konica Minolta 7145 Copier. Every time I want to copy something I get a paper jam right at the tray (error J-11-0 for upper tray, error J-12-0 for the lower tray). The same occurs from the bypass tray and from the lowermost trays 3 & 4. Basically the paper barely gets moved from the tray and the printer states that a jam has occurred. Prior to this I was fixing both the upper and lower Solenoid drives (gears) and the associated gears around it. I was cleaning them and put them right back in. When I ran the printer the first time I was able to make 5 copies and that the jams began.

Here you can see the type of a gear I was dealing with:
Konica Minolta 7145 Toner Cartridges, Supplies and Parts (http://www.precisionroller.com/manufacturers/konica-minolta-7145.html)
Search for: 26NA16330

Before this whole process the copier also had jamming problems at both trays where the paper would go just a little bit further from the tray into the copier but still hang mostly in the tray. When I would remove the tray, the paper would hang on the rubber wheels and it would pull the page out of the tray. Now, as I mentioned earlier, it barely gets moved from the tray and when I remove the tray the paper falls back into the tray.

I am thinking that I may be inserting either the 26NA16330 gear incorrectly or one or more of the associated gears and both the upper and lower tray drives. Any ideas?

SmellsHot
02-06-2010, 08:55 PM
the cam gear which drives your paper trays...also the gear the solenoid rests on, sounds like it's getting hung up or not on all the way....
make sure you can release the solenoid and spin the cam by hand....also make sure you have the cam gears in the correct tray. Some are white, some are tan, and some are black.....dont ask me which goes where, but trial and error is always a good thing.
all four trays jamming though sounds like a motor issue....check your motor operation in 47 mode....

eurosears
02-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Thank you for the info SmellsHot. Can you tell me which option in mode 47 do I need to use to check that motor (can you just please explain to me how to turn on and off the motor using menu 47)?

Coptech
02-07-2010, 12:55 AM
The lower 2 feed stations use a different feed motor from the base machine which to me makes it a longshot that both would not be driving. They even have separate drive boards. If you lose motor drive on a Konica, it is usually a blown ICP fuse on the drive board. Good Luck, G.H.

eurosears
02-07-2010, 01:05 AM
I don't think that the motor is bad because when I got the printer it was feeding paper from all trays but the second page would always jam by entering into the system from each tray but stopping before the drum (same case for all trays, even bypass).

The thing is that I worked on all tray mechanisms (cleaning, exchanging damaged gears, etc). Now the page is barely touching the paper feed roller and the printer jams (each tray is the same, even bypass). When I open each tray the paper usually falls back into the tray). Any other ideas? I think that one main gear somewhere is blocking the whole mechanism. Any ideas?
How can I test the motor drive in menu 47?

Another possibility: The drum has wires or engine damage. Does anyone know the code to test the drum?

Custom Search