PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 200 scanning question

Custom Search

brent
02-10-2010, 02:59 PM
so we have a bizhub that was scanning properly. we had it set as a workgroup. now the computer guy has installed a new server and made it a domain and not a workgroup. is there any ideas why now it just will not scan? I think it tried to scan then gives an error code. which I do not have. is there a series of settings that we need to try to move? if you need any more particulars I will get them and post the.

this is a great site. thanks everybody

brent

Montana Tech
02-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Could be a number of reasons. Might need to update the login/password info so that it will validate via the new server. And if you're scanning to SMB to Win2003 server you may need to enable SMB in group policy editor on the server. Just a couple quick ideas.

buster68
02-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Keep in mind that the login and password that you assign in setting up the Scan to SMB on the BH200 must be an administrator account. The new server may have changed some login rights. Also, the new server may have turned off the ability to allow access for everyone to the shared file folder you're directing the scans to. So, my suggestions are: 1. check for admin rights. 2. check sharing permissions.

BIG PAPA
02-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Just to clairify what type of scanning are you doing? Assuming SMB? What tyoe of firewall and anti-virus software is running? Norton can be a pain. might have to add exception.

Custom Search