PDA

View Full Version : How do you reset password on Aficio MPC 2500 from web image monitor.

Custom Search

luckerx
04-06-2007, 12:50 AM
Please help! Does anyone know how to reset the password on a Ricoh MPC 2500 from the web image monitor. Default password is "admin" but it got changed. machine got sent to the wrong company and for some reason they decided to set it up. please help.

Cipher
04-06-2007, 09:41 AM
You can change/delete a admin password by logging into WIM with,

Username: supervisor
Password: (leave blank, there is no password).

If the Supervisors account details have been changed and you don't know what to you are in the shit.
You will be looking at a NVRAM replacement to regain control and access to the machine.

Hence never tell your customer about the 'supervisor' account, what they don't know will not hurt them.

luckerx
04-06-2007, 05:47 PM
thanks for the help, DAZ.

kfiresmith
12-19-2008, 03:26 PM
Thanks so much Cipher, your post saved my @** last night!

cambita
01-14-2009, 01:03 PM
Dear Cipher:
I have follow, your instruction but, the machine say, yo don`t have the acces for this function, I try whit 107 and 143 to go to WIN, but I don know wath to do, please help me

Jomama46
01-14-2009, 03:17 PM
Only thing you can do in Supervisor is to change the admin pw.

netjustin
05-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Hi Folks, newb disclaimer this is my first post here and I have precious little experience with Ricohs. That said, I'm trying to get into my own device, an MP C2500 and having some of my best times as you can imagine. What works: sign into Web Image Monitor as Supervisor. What doesn't: try to change the password for admin. The error I see is "This device is currently in use by other functions. Please try again later."

It's now later (post power cycle) and I'm getting the same message. My question is, is there another management interface through which I can manage users? Failing that, is there a way to "coax" the telnet UI to change the password for another user?

Screenshot attached, if that helps.

Thanks in advance,
netjustin

Jomama46
05-06-2009, 08:58 PM
When you go in as "supervisor" just leave the password blank, in other words change it back to default. Same with changing the username, change it to the default, admin.

If the usertools display is on, you will get that "in use" message.

netjustin
05-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Jo, uou were right. The Usertools page was hanging up a change of password. The pw change worked great once I'd closed it!

Thanks a bunch.

NewOrder
11-09-2009, 05:47 PM
@Cipher:
THANK Y0U! :)

Iommanxman
01-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Been working on Ricoh machine's for over 10 years now and didn't know about the supervisor logon. Well done Cipher (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/cipher.html)!! Everyday is a school day!

Thunderbrain
05-06-2013, 12:33 PM
It is no good idea to post this in an open Forum and write below: Don't tell the people...
Yes it can help but yes it can also be used to do some stupid things.
Think about deleting / wiping out this information

P.S.: NV-RAM change has to be paid - that is what I know from my OpCo (Germany)

You can change/delete a admin password by logging into WIM with,

Username: XXX
Password: YYY

If the XXX-account details have been changed and you don't know what to you are in the shit.
You will be looking at a NVRAM replacement to regain control and access to the machine. -

Hence never tell your customer about the 'XXX' account, what they don't know will not hurt them.

minhphu
05-07-2013, 11:51 AM
if the supervisor is changed, what will you do? i have 3 ways to reset password admin ( right for all ricoh machine )

1. use the supervisor : if the supervisor is default, we can use this way to reset admin return default
2. clear NVRAM : reset NVRAM by the programer which can read/write ic memmory.
3. download NVRAM :
- The machine A ( admin is default ) : export data NVRAM -> SD card (* )
- The machine B ( admin is changed ) : import data SD card (* ) -> NVRAM

yousaf
12-09-2013, 12:20 PM
hi but some one also change the supervisor password so what to do know can i take the nvram for other copier and replaced with this is it work

thanks

Eric1968
12-09-2013, 05:22 PM
hi but some one also change the supervisor password so what to do know can i take the nvram for other copier and replaced with this is it work

thanks

Don't do that!

The NVRAM holds loads of machine specific settings. Backup NVRAM contents to an SD-Card. Replace the NVRAM. Perform SP5-801-001 (Memory all clear), and reload the backup.

ruben
12-09-2013, 06:18 PM

thanks

Backup the NVRAM to an SD card, manually reset the password with a hex editor. then upload back to the machine.

See: http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/showthread.php/61918-lost-supervisor-password.html#post272337

Jomama46
12-10-2013, 12:22 AM
Backup the NVRAM to an SD card, manually reset the password with a hex editor. then upload back to the machine.

See: http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/showthread.php/61918-lost-supervisor-password.html#post272337

there you go. If you just reload the downloaded data, you;re going in circles

slimslob
12-10-2013, 12:50 AM
One quick question. If no one currently knows the admin password and service lock has been set by the previous admin person, how do you backup the NVram?

yousaf
12-28-2013, 07:55 PM
if some one also change the supervisor password what will have to do .......plz help me also thanks

Username: supervisor
Password: (leave blank, there is no password).

If the Supervisors account details have been changed and you don't know what to you are in the shit.
You will be looking at a NVRAM replacement to regain control and access to the machine.

Hence never tell your customer about the 'supervisor' account, what they don't know will not hurt them.[/QUOTE]

SteveF
01-22-2014, 02:44 PM
Please help! Does anyone know how to reset the password on a Ricoh MPC 2500 from the web image monitor. Default password is "admin" but it got changed. machine got sent to the wrong company and for some reason they decided to set it up. please help.

Hi luckerx
you can reset the admin and supervisor passwords without having to replace the nvrams
pm me and I will give you the info ...if you still need it

darius79
02-26-2014, 02:45 AM
It is possible to reset the supervisor password without NVRAM replacement. PM me for instructions if anyone needs it. Its an open forum, the last thing we want are users messing up the copiers;)

mrwho
02-02-2015, 04:53 PM
Could you please share that info in pm? I have a 171 with that problem and I'm facing an nvram replacement. Thanks!

mikadonovan
02-02-2015, 05:13 PM
This may help.
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ricoh-savin-gestetner-lanier/56947-change-login-password-5000-mp.html?highlight=tecnomarco

Custom Search