PDA

View Full Version : EP 4000

Custom Search

stacyrf
03-23-2010, 04:59 PM
hello all I have an EP 4000 with a COB 63 code. anyone know what that is, I rarely ever work on EP's anymore so all my service manuals are either packed into storage or have been destroyed. Don't really need a manual just a direction to go in, I think it has something to do with the finisher.

Rudi
03-23-2010, 05:15 PM
If i can remember correctly it is either the guide that pushes the paper over in order to get stapled or it is the bin movement limit sensor those small guide motors used to give loads of problems normally you would hear a noise after resetting the code.
Hope this helps.

stacyrf
03-23-2010, 05:21 PM
thanks Rudi, I'll tell my tech, problem is, he is in another area about 2 and 1/2 hours away.

cobiray
03-23-2010, 07:50 PM
X2

From the manual....

C0b6X - Sorter (Bin Shift)/Bin motion failure

IIRC, the worm gear that moves the guide can get dirt build up in it and just need a cleaning, the snap ring can break/fall off the top or there could be something in the bins restricting the movement.

Cantechman
03-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Be careful, you could snap all 20 sorter bins in a hurry if you reset that code and there is a physical problem. Its not fun replacing all those.

remielee
04-16-2010, 01:54 AM
COB 63 Bin error problem of the sorter
SOLUTION
1. remove the left side panel of the sorter
2. check the gears of the motor bin if its all ok
3. adjust the bin sensor located near at the motor bin theres an adjust screw there try to adjust it down
4. put the sorter back and then try if the problem back try to adjust the sensor up

hope it will help you

Custom Search