PDA

View Full Version : Lanier LD328C copy has a constant black line on left margin. Help Please.

Custom Search

creighhill
03-30-2010, 12:45 AM
I own a LD328C copier. It doesnt matter if I copy black or color, either printing from a pc or making a copy. I continue to get a constant black line about 1/4 wide on the left margin of the paper. Is this possibly a drum that needs to be replaced? I have attached a copy. 3897Thank you in advance for any help.

teebee1234
03-30-2010, 01:20 AM
Sure looks like the pcu. You can confirm it by pulling it out the black pcu and look at the charge roller above the drum, it more than likely will be coated with toner on the end that matches up with the mark on the copy.

jonezy999
03-30-2010, 05:35 AM
As you said these marks occour when using black and full colour, i would suggest fuser rollers worn out.

teebee1234
03-30-2010, 11:12 AM
It will be the pcu. If you notice the repeating pattern, it corresponds to the charge roller diameter. Also the transfer belt is always in contact with the black, no matter if its color or black.

m_donakov
03-30-2010, 11:19 AM
I think that is charge roller problem, open anf clean it and see if this happen agen than blav pcu shoud be a problem

Vulkor
03-30-2010, 02:27 PM
yeah Black Photoconductor unit. May be able to clean the charge roller. How old is the PCU/Many Copies? It may be time to replace it.

FrankieB
03-31-2010, 02:34 AM
this is a common problem on this series machines, it is the charge roller most of the time need to take out and clean the roller be careful not to damage the cleaning felt roller, it is located on the bottom of the unit, i beleive on this model you need to drop the waste toner collection asm to get to the charge roller

teebee1234
03-31-2010, 03:58 AM
this is a common problem on this series machines, it is the charge roller most of the time need to take out and clean the roller be careful not to damage the cleaning felt roller, it is located on the bottom of the unit, i beleive on this model you need to drop the waste toner collection asm to get to the charge roller
Frankie, I think you're confusing this with a different model. Just remove the front end cover (2 screws) of the pcu and lift out the drum (you'll have to pry it slightly). Then you can pop out the charge roller...

creighhill
04-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Thanks guys, I did clean the unit. Now i recieve an error " Development unit setting error" Black. I have rechecked the alignment several times and everything appears to be aligned and connected. Any ideas? Thank you in advance for your help.

FrankieB
04-03-2010, 03:06 AM
check out this tech bulitin i hope it will help3943

Custom Search