PDA

View Full Version : Savin 4051spf, "Please Wait"

Custom Search

unisys12
03-30-2010, 06:51 PM
When powered on, the LCD displays please wait for approximately 3.5 minutes, then goes to ready. After this, the machine functions perfect from what I can tell. But, if you power the machine off, by way of the power switch on the front cover, it will take 3.5 min for the please wait screen to disappear and the ready screen to come up.

I have reloaded and/or upgraded all the firmware. Removed the Print Scan SD card and Memory. Swapped memory. Formatted HDD and even changed HDD. Nothing seems to work.

The only other thing that bothers me, besides having Zero history on machine (it's a wholesale), is that when the Please Wait screen should change, it blinks but goes back to please wait. The machine beeps and everything.

Has anyone else seen this before? If so, throw me a bone cause I'm tired of waiting.... Wa Wa Waaa

Eric1968
03-30-2010, 07:34 PM
Have you checked SC-history for any abnormal SC67X, SC99X calls?

unisys12
03-30-2010, 08:04 PM
yeah, I checked the SC History and there wasn't really anything there, recent anyway. I printed out a SMC report when I started working on it, last week, but someone has thrown it away! When I started with it, I was getting SC312 and SC322's. I reseated the connectors at the PCU for the 312 and the IPU for the 322's.

Eric1968
03-30-2010, 08:21 PM
Maybe you could backup the NVRAM and do a Memory All Clear. Maybe the software is causing the delays. Very strange indeed. :confused:

unisys12
03-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Maybe you could backup the NVRAM and do a Memory All Clear. Maybe the software is causing the delays. Very strange indeed. :confused:

Would you believe I just did that and come on here to update the thread that it worked. Thanks Eric!!

Eric1968
03-30-2010, 09:01 PM
Great!

PinevskiS
03-30-2010, 09:18 PM
Try to change thermistor.
Maybe some thermistor not work good.

tcs04
04-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Had a small machine (MP2000?) do something similar once and the thermistor was bent double and cracked! But no fuser codes!!

Fearless V K
04-03-2010, 06:26 PM

This has been a frequent occurance lately, strange problem which are fixed with a memory clear. Had at least three with strange problem where swapping parts and troubleshooting led nowhere. My new rule is to try the memory clear before I replace any spendy parts (boards), or other items. Just be careful, and backup your NVRAM first.

Custom Search