PDA

View Full Version : TSRC Tech Forum

Custom Search

Fearless V K
03-31-2010, 04:49 PM
Just signed up for the new TSRC Tech Forum. This should be interesting! (Looks alot like Copytechnet)

mikadonovan
03-31-2010, 06:46 PM
I googled it with no luck. Is it a Ricoh Corp. forum?

Fearless V K
03-31-2010, 10:50 PM
Yes. You would need a Ricoh tech ID #.

zaza
03-31-2010, 11:07 PM
hi friend tech ..it have another forum with canon ..please send me the link ..???

Fearless V K
03-31-2010, 11:19 PM
TSRC Forum (http://www.tsrc.ricoh-usa.com/forum/register.asp)

unisys12
04-02-2010, 12:53 AM
I finally signed up yesterday. Looks like it's going to be a lot of fun... well, within the confines of a corporate environment. When I worked at Xerox, almost 6 years ago now, we had the GSN. It's was the basically the samething. Although there, you always had mother X watching over everything you did, so if you asked a question about something you were not trained on, you would bet blasted by a trainner or other member of management. Maybe that wont happen here... maybe!

Fearless V K
04-02-2010, 03:34 AM
I was perusing some of the posts today. They actually had some pretty good replies from TSRC. Some specific SP modes valuable in figuring out complicated problems were discussed as well as what the proper readings should be and what it could mean if they were off, as well as fairly detailed step by step instructions for troubleshooting. i also like the way they have it broken down by the individual machines.

Ricoh-ono
04-03-2010, 12:35 AM
I'm still contemplating joining.

unisys12
04-03-2010, 01:37 AM
After the last few days, I like it. I agree that breaking things down by model makes things convenient. I can't wait until they get their Solutions/Connectivity section open.

mtech
04-03-2010, 01:38 AM
unisys12, you will not get blasted by anyone! You can look up anything about any model you choose and ask questions about any model you choose. It does not matter if you are trained on a specific model, sometimes inquiring minds just want to know. Trust me, it's all good. Ricoh will not mind that you choose to learn more about their products.

Ricoh-ono
04-03-2010, 03:24 AM
Unisys has a valid concern. You have a forum run by Ricoh. Threads could be subject to corporate censorship if mods and fixes aren't company approved.

Fearless V K
04-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Unisys has a valid concern. You have a forum run by Ricoh. Threads could be subject to corporate censorship if mods and fixes aren't company approved.

Then we post them on Smarka and Copytechnet. Not many of my field 'fixes' are ever factory approved!

zico21
04-03-2010, 07:14 PM
There have already been cases where postings for a suggestion for a "physical" change to resolve a problem have been "edited' by moderators . The edit was politely stated, saying that the suggestion would be review by Ricoh and published if proved worthwhile. I think such actions are to be expected.

RRodgers
04-03-2010, 09:37 PM
I seriously can't see this lasting long.
With threads like "WHEN YA GOING TO FIX THE @#$@# TONER SPEWING ON SUCH AND SUCH MODEL!!!" and "have they finally found a fix for such and such problem?!?!
I just hope that the same people that run the boards there are not the same people that run the boards over at the DUmp. (democraticunderground.com) = posted deleted with an insta ban.

stephend
04-06-2010, 05:32 AM
Having a Ricoh "genuine" forum it's a very positive thing. I'm pretty sure that the "genuine" forum it's a reaction to Copytechnet forum that became pretty famous and well known :)
About actions and reactions from management and TSRC moderators...I'm hopping that won't happen..otherwise we will stop sharing our honest opinions there and we will post on a more open environment like Copytechnet.
The forum is just in it's newborn days so we should give it some time to grow and develop.
I like the structure be models...it makes the life a little bit easier...especially when you are searching threads.
On the negative side...already a lot of "have they finally found a fix for such and such problem" or "who I'll report this ongoing issue/SC code" coming from the IKON newcomers some of them already frustrated by Rioch products.

Shadow1
04-07-2010, 01:32 AM
There have already been cases where postings for a suggestion for a "physical" change to resolve a problem have been "edited' by moderators . The edit was politely stated, saying that the suggestion would be review by Ricoh and published if proved worthwhile. I think such actions are to be expected.
Yeah, it was my post that was the first to be deleted. I reposted (with permission) df3036's mod to get rid of that ridiculous web design on the MP5000's. I wanted to see how long it would stay up before the mods killed it... Less than 1 business day.

There is a lot of good information sharing on there, but if we can't post stuff that works in the field it limits the usefulness

zico21
04-07-2010, 03:51 AM
I understand your point. I'm glad that this forum is so well attended with intelligent techs with innovative thoughts such as yours. The one benefit of the TSRC forum is the interaction with Ricoh employees who, hopefully, have some input from those with more information that we're privy to.

Shadow1
04-07-2010, 07:11 AM
I was actually kind of hoping the engineers would pay more attention to Ricoh's own forum - they certainly don't seem to pay any notice to this one.

FRIDGEMAGNET
04-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Having a Ricoh "genuine" forum it's a very positive thing. I'm pretty sure that the "genuine" forum it's a reaction to Copytechnet forum that became pretty famous and well known :)

I think this is a reaction to a Ricoh run forum that has been running in the UK for the last 6 months.
www.ricohtechnical.co.uk

paulg
04-08-2010, 09:44 AM
I think this is a reaction to a Ricoh run forum that has been running in the UK for the last 6 months.
Ricoh Technical (http://www.ricohtechnical.co.uk)

Yeah i use that real handy and has quite a few documents and downloads (loads of Equitrac) are cant find anywhere else as a UK based Tech. But you need both the offcial websites for info only the companies have and independents like this for the stuff no company is gonna allow to be on their forums for commercial reasons.

rangaheshan
05-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Yeah i use that real handy and has quite a few documents and downloads (loads of Equitrac) are cant find anywhere else as a UK based Tech. But you need both the offcial websites for info only the companies have and independents like this for the stuff no company is gonna allow to be on their forums for commercial reasons.

im not a ricoh company technition, i didnt have tech id.then what to do

paulg
05-20-2010, 03:02 PM
im not a ricoh company technition, i didnt have tech id.then what to do

Im not sure sorry, maybe your local Ricoh Company will have a website? I guess you can always apply and see what happens:)

Shadow1
05-20-2010, 04:54 PM
If you're formally trained on ANY Ricoh product, you can request a tech ID from the TSRC center. You might even be able to request one if you're not trained - not sure how closely they check...

Custom Search