PDA

View Full Version : MPC3500 Kepps asking for toner after its already been replaced.

Custom Search

Massacrus
04-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Hi,

I'm a Ricoh engineer and am stuggling with some of my Ricoh MPC3500's. Recently a couple of them keeps asking for toner(Mostly black) after I replace it. The pipes aren't blocked up at the back and I've also replaced the developer.... We've also tried replacing the toner with a new cartridge again and again... Some of the machines will just show the cartridge is "undetectable" but will still try to add toner...others just show its 20% full eventhough its new... So far no one has been able to help with this. Oh and all the machines has the latest firmware loaded.

Hope someone has an answer for me?

Thanks

teebee1234
04-01-2010, 12:29 PM
The pumps are known for a pretty high failure rate, you could temporarily swap the black with another color just to confirm (vacuum them first of course to avoid cross contamination). I know you said you cleaned the pipes, just make sure you cleaned from the hopper all the way through. As far as misreading the detection and the amount, if you swapped out a cartridge with another used, the rfid chip will not register.

zed255
04-01-2010, 12:59 PM
I've not had it happen personally, but apparently the RFID boards can fail. As above, the pumps fail.

Fearless V K
04-01-2010, 11:27 PM
I've fixed several with this problem by performing an engine clear. After it says non-oem toner set, but you can turn that message off in SP mode.

FrankieB
04-03-2010, 03:42 AM
there is a tech bulitin about this they claim that the toner bottle is slightly to small and not contacting the set switch, and retrofit a cushion to the door and change the magnetic door latch

Massacrus
04-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I found that the black toner pump was intermittendly giving problems.... Replaced it; and also had to replace new toner again but its working now!

Some of the other machines i got working by simply cleaning the clutch which sits on the toner pump....

Thanks again!

Massacrus
04-07-2010, 01:32 PM
there is a tech bulitin about this they claim that the toner bottle is slightly to small and not contacting the set switch, and retrofit a cushion to the door and change the magnetic door latch

Hi, yip that bullitin is for the waste toner bottle....

TCA TECH
04-14-2010, 05:03 AM
Pump pump pump, yep now you know these is a problem. I sure do

Custom Search