PDA

View Full Version : sc990 and light copies after a long run

Custom Search

mtech
04-02-2010, 02:37 AM
Anybody ever see this on a pro 1107? Copies start out okay but get lighter as the run progresses Also getting sc990 codes. All pm's are more than current. All firmware is current. No toner add codes like sc495 etc. Customer is printing 11x17 two sided with a fair amount of toner coverage. Machine has medaka field kit installed and cleaning cycles have been adjusted accordingly. Toner just can't seem to keep up. Forced toner brings things back to normal, but whats up with the 990 codes? Firmware was current, but reflashed just the same. Toner add set to 1300mcg (default) Any ideas would help!

tcs04
04-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Anybody ever see this on a pro 1107? Copies start out okay but get lighter as the run progresses Also getting sc990 codes. All pm's are more than current. All firmware is current. No toner add codes like sc495 etc. Customer is printing 11x17 two sided with a fair amount of toner coverage. Machine has medaka field kit installed and cleaning cycles have been adjusted accordingly. Toner just can't seem to keep up. Forced toner brings things back to normal, but whats up with the 990 codes? Firmware was current, but reflashed just the same. Toner add set to 1300mcg (default) Any ideas would help!

Try setting SP2507-01 to "1" and SP2507-02 to about 30.

This will (Not enough to notice) pause a "long" run to develop an I.D patch every 30 copies.

I would always use this method to recover a low toner situation as it won't swamp the developer. Set -02 to "10" at first to recover then to 30 to maintain the level.

Reduce the setting of SP 2209 to 1200 (from 1300). this will add slightly more toner.

It sounds like your machine cannot detect the correct toner level during a run which could be related to either the Toner supply mode (SP2208) or VT detection.

What are the readings for VT (2223) and Vsp/Vsg (3103)?.

If the VT reading is a lot higher than 2.5v and the machine is making long runs without a pause the toner may not be added as required. In this case, even if there is a problem with the TD sensor or fine toner supply, as long as the patch is getting lighter the I.D sensor should compensate using SP2507.

mtech
04-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Try setting SP2507-01 to "1" and SP2507-02 to about 30.

This will (Not enough to notice) pause a "long" run to develop an I.D patch every 30 copies.

I would always use this method to recover a low toner situation as it won't swamp the developer. Set -02 to "10" at first to recover then to 30 to maintain the level.

Reduce the setting of SP 2209 to 1200 (from 1300). this will add slightly more toner.

It sounds like your machine cannot detect the correct toner level during a run which could be related to either the Toner supply mode (SP2208) or VT detection.

What are the readings for VT (2223) and Vsp/Vsg (3103)?.

If the VT reading is a lot higher than 2.5v and the machine is making long runs without a pause the toner may not be added as required. In this case, even if there is a problem with the TD sensor or fine toner supply, as long as the patch is getting lighter the I.D sensor should compensate using SP2507.
Thanks for the response, I will give it a try. Do not recall what the readings were, but I know the reading from the toner sensor in the hopper was reading light toner. After running forced toner a few times quality came back. (but for how long?) I ran the machine after the forced toner with some heavy toner coverage on my copies and did watch the toner add system working okay. Will be going back anyway to check. I will adjust sp's as you mentioned and see if that helps.

stephend
04-04-2010, 12:14 AM
The solution offered by TCS04 is the perfect one for this kind of problem you have. I will replace with first occasion the TD sensor and clean the potential sensor

tcs04
04-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Fixed??

mbistric
04-12-2010, 08:23 AM
I have same problems , I put new DEV units and Drum units and didnt help nothing , also try all this SP modes , and nothing . How did you fixed it ?

mtech
04-16-2010, 12:26 AM
So far so good! Sorry tcs04 for the delay on the update. Changed those settings and went back and changed the TD sensor. All is good. Thanks!

tcs04
04-17-2010, 12:33 PM
So far so good! Sorry tcs04 for the delay on the update. Changed those settings and went back and changed the TD sensor. All is good. Thanks!

Thanks for the update, always nice to know the outcome of suggestions.

Custom Search