PDA

View Full Version : Aficio 1075 - Should I take them on?

Custom Search

Buddy
04-05-2010, 10:58 PM
I've been away from Ricohs for quite awhile, but I have an opportunity to take on seven 1075s. They range from 600k to a mil. Thoughts?....Thanks

teebee1234
04-05-2010, 11:53 PM
My feelings are that it all depends on how well the previous maintenance was done. Do you know and trust who worked on them previously? If you know the person you should talk to him/her for any insight as to those that may have had some ongoing problems. In general terms these boxes are pretty good as long as the pm's have been performed as required along with any updates. As the saying goes, expect the worst and hope for the best - you'll never be disappointed.
*Don't forget that if you do take them on and have any problems you can always come here for help.

Lagonda
04-06-2010, 12:40 AM
Yes, they are good solid boxes with no major vices. How ever I would make sure the dev units have been changed before they started to leak. Once they start dropping abrasive dev in the paper feed drive gears your chasing your tail trying to solve the P/J problems until you change all the worn gears. Also dont believe the PM schedule for the Toner Seperation Case, the book says 600k but they are stuffed after 300k.

stephend
04-06-2010, 05:38 AM
Great boxes! If maintenance was done right you won't have any major issues. I have units in the field with over 4,5 millions and they are still "running for gold". One of the best BW machines (if not the best) Ricoh made. End.

zyqwiz
04-06-2010, 08:15 AM
dont believe the PM schedule for the Toner Seperation Case, the book says 600k but they are stuffed after 300k.We've never had any trouble with these and change them at 600k. We use genuine toner though.

Shadow1
04-07-2010, 01:26 AM
I have bunches of these (and previous generations) in print shops, and I wouldn't trade them for any other machine, except maybe Pro907's. Biggest thing I do to them is slow down the cleaning web - its never dirty, and the factory settings have it running out before PM time. The toner case is not really a big issue - I replace them every developer change, and if they do plug up they're designed to just dump to waste with no recycling - The waste toner bottle fills up quick, but no harm to the machine.

Martind12
04-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Agreed,

Only weak area is the dev unit as mentioned before. I tend to change to dev bushes every other dev change

gooseklr
04-08-2010, 02:31 PM
The 1075 is a money maker, If they are in a standard office enviroment, lean out the "toner supply", increase the "puff motor timing" slow down "web feed". Providing the box has been even somewhat maintained, the common issues wont bite you in the butt. OEM toner will also keep you out of trouble............................

Vulkor
04-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Yes, they are good solid boxes with no major vices. How ever I would make sure the dev units have been changed before they started to leak. Once they start dropping abrasive dev in the paper feed drive gears your chasing your tail trying to solve the P/J problems until you change all the worn gears. Also don't believe the PM schedule for the Toner Separation Case, the book says 600k but they are stuffed after 300k.

So I've never replaced the Toner Seperation Case. The Service manual shows a little component, but I am guessing this is the toner mixing unit positioned above the DV mixing area.
What happens if you don't replace them? We've got machines over 1mil and never done that or DV units. Sometimes we have to replace DV Bearings.

GhostInTheMachine
04-09-2010, 10:33 PM
[/B]

So I've never replaced the Toner Seperation Case. The Service manual shows a little component, but I am guessing this is the toner mixing unit positioned above the DV mixing area.
What happens if you don't replace them? We've got machines over 1mil and never done that or DV units. Sometimes we have to replace DV Bearings.

If you don't replace them you get tons more toner going into waste container instead of being recycled. Won't hurt the machine but wastes toner.

verderacer
04-10-2010, 04:36 AM
I maintain several of these in the field with 2+ mil on them. We also have many in our rental pool with over 2.5 mil. As mentioned earlier, if they have had their maint done, factory toner, dev and I would add drums and of course slow down that web.

Buddy
04-14-2010, 05:22 AM
Thanks for all of the responses guys....much appreciated.

Lagonda
04-14-2010, 06:27 AM
[QUOTE=Vulkor;134504][/B]
What happens if you don't replace them? QUOTE]

Apart from not recycling the waste toner correctly, I've had them lock up and munch gears. At the least you have to replace the whole toner hopper as one of the studs that the gears run on pull out the plastic case.

Custom Search