PDA

View Full Version : SMB scanning issues on Ricoh products

Custom Search

ezzysi
04-06-2010, 01:26 PM
I've had a couple of issues recently when setting up scan to folder on new Ricoh mfp's

In both instances I was unable to get the copier to log onto the computer/server that was hosting the scans folder, I could see all the workstations/servers on the network by browsing from the copiers control panel but couldn't log onto any of them to see the folder tree and set a desination.

The weird thing is that in both instances I returned a few days later and everything worked fine using all the same credentials etc that i'd tried to use the first time!!

Its almost like the server needed time to recognise the copier onto the network before trusting it to log in??

I'm asking the question now as I've got exactly the same situation again with a refurbished 2022 that will not log into a 2007 server or an xp workstation, i've tried using the server admin logon and 2 different user account logons (it scans to my laptop without problem)

Any ideas?

Jomama46
04-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Try the logon creds on the server to make sure they are good.
Copy the path from the address book to the RUN dialog box, to check that.
Make sure that Everybody has Full Control of the folder. If the IT doesnt like "Everybody" You can use "Authenticated user"

ezzysi
04-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Try the logon creds on the server to make sure they are good.
Copy the path from the address book to the RUN dialog box, to check that.
Make sure that Everybody has Full Control of the folder. If the IT doesnt like "Everybody" You can use "Authenticated user"

Thanks for the reply,

Its stuff i've already tried though. I can log onto the client computers with the logons I was given, and browse to the destination folder by pasting the path into a run command.
I can also create and delete a text file into the folder with the supplied credentials.
The folder created has "everyone" as a user given full rights over the folder under the sharing and security tabs.
That said it seems to be an authentication issue rather than a path/rights issue as I can browse all workstations on the network, but not log into any of them to browse the shares.

Jomama46
04-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Turn off any Norton, Symantic or other firewall.

pLatik
04-06-2010, 07:41 PM
your network is a domain? if so, you have to look to the policies of the domain controller, and certify if the duration of the password (max and min) are in "0" deactivated. i belived that is something with the policies in the server 2007

rthonpm
04-07-2010, 02:07 AM
Also make sure that you have the custom firmware to allow scan to SMB with the newer Windows servers and a 2027.

unisys12
04-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Also make sure that you have the custom firmware to allow scan to SMB with the newer Windows servers and a 2027.

I am going to say that this is your issue. The new breed of servers use NTLM v2 for authentication and our machines only support v1 out of the box. There's firmware updates that will take care of this though. Not sure about the older models, yet, but I know that it has been released for all the newer boxes.

ezzysi
04-26-2010, 05:48 PM
Thought i'd update this thread with the eventual fix!!

I had to change group policy on the customers server to disable "SMB Digital Signatures" - "Always"

Its something we used to have to do on the older Toshiba kit but I'm surprised the 2022 still can't support digital signatures with the latest firmware loaded.

I've tried another 2022 in our office, same problem... wouldn't scan or log into any of our pc's/server until the policy was changed at the server (and ours is a 2003 sbs server)

Thanks again for all the advice.

Si

Custom Search