PDA

View Full Version : ricoh 1013 jamming at A cionstantly

Custom Search

ash_572
04-08-2010, 10:48 AM
i have a 1013. which is very similar to a 1515.

its jamming constantly at A every single time. the feed roller does not even turn.
bypass works perfectly fine with no jams. it only has a single tray which is a4 and settings are set for a4.

i replaced the feed clutch and still the same problem. replaced the friction pad and feed roller stilll the same. the clutch is turning at the bak of the machine like everything else. its just not feeding through.

also swapped trays with a different 1013 still the same.

these little things never go wrong, but when they do it drives me nutss!!

please help

gooseklr
04-08-2010, 02:56 PM
There is a dual paper detect / paper pass sensor, that sits above the PF tray frame. The sensor has a high mortality rate if the customer does not lock the tray in the down position after loading paper, when it is pushed back in, in the "up position" it can damage the switch. Remove the tray in the upper right side there is a sensor most likely you will find the sensor "hanging" or broken (if you are lucky it just knocked the lever out of the sensor seating). Very Common, if the bypass is working 99% of the time the sensor is destroyed in primary feed tray.
A temp fix is to use a staple to bypass the paper detect side, when the cust runs out of paper it will exibit the same symptom, instruct user to load paper. The temp fix will work until you get a replacement sensor.

ash_572
04-08-2010, 07:00 PM
ive already checked the paper end sensor which hangs just above the tray. its in a fully working order.

GhostInTheMachine
04-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Have you checked the paper guide? Sometimes it can slide over causing the mylar to interfere with the sensor arm.

ash_572
04-08-2010, 10:43 PM
the paper guides are ok. ive even swapped the whole paper tray and still jams.

Fearless V K
04-09-2010, 06:10 AM
Try energizing the feed clutch in output modes. Do you hear it engage? Is it getting a signal from the PC board (check your point to point for voltage levels).

gooseklr
04-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Have you manually activated the rear paper tray in detection sensor.

verderacer
04-09-2010, 02:23 PM
I agree with gooseklr. Have you checked your sensors in input mode and your motors/clutches in output mode?

You also might print off the 5990-004 report and and look at where it is detecting the jams at or look at 7504 and browse through to see where its jamming.

ash_572
04-09-2010, 02:32 PM
when i trip the paper end sensor so that the machine thinks there paper in the tray and then i press the copy button i can see drive turning so that it can turn the paper feed roller. when i put the tray in, i trip the side door and the feed roller doesnt turn a single bit.

verderacer
04-09-2010, 02:53 PM
I look at the jam log, record it down or print it if possible, then clear the log again it and try to make a copy and go back and see where it's detecting the problem in the log again. Then check gooses guide with that jam location from the log.

ash_572
04-09-2010, 06:19 PM
i managed to print out the logging on the bypass tray. according to the logging data 7-504-1 and 5 have the most jams. 1 meaning "A" jams and 5 meaning 1st tray. i dont have a jam code.

Fearless V K
04-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Check that your grounding plates on tray 1 are making contact with the mainframe (TSB 037), then get your meter and measure the voltage at the feed clutch. Is it being energized?

verderacer
04-10-2010, 04:23 AM
7504-001 means Jam at power up, usually a uncleared/pre-existing jam. -005 has no entry...

I would be doing what Fearless suggested but first try to energize the clutch via output mode (5804) and see if it activates and then check your to see if you have the correct voltage at the clutch.

Custom Search