PDA

View Full Version : Savin 9050 (D009) Dog ear and wrinkled copies

Custom Search

atdejong
04-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Hello everyone!

Ive been having a persistent (but not always reoccurring) problem. When running duplex copies, the machine will print the first side of the paper (backside of document), goes into the inverter, back behind the transfer unit, where its pushed back up to the registration rollers where the first side is printed, then ejected.

Somewhere after fusing the back side, and before (I THINK) it gets to the reg rollers, something, somewhere is grabbing the corner of the paper and catching it. Ive had the entire duplex unit out, gone over it, and can find no burrs, no little catches, nothing.. ive even taken the liberty to lightly sand down the guides in hopes to catch something i hadnt before..

No luck.

Mind you, this doesnt happen with every copy. Sometimes it will print up to 600 pages before it dog ears one page, sometimes it does it every other page. Its very random.

Ive tried to catch the machine in the process of doing this, but as its pretty random, i havent had any luck.

The only time you can hear it crinkle is in the fuser, by then its too late..
Any suggestions???

GhostInTheMachine
04-08-2010, 09:37 PM
There is a tech bulletin on this. Seems there is a problem with the duplex drive motor. Replace the duplex bypass motor with the following new part: P/N B2232745.

atdejong
04-09-2010, 03:52 AM
(Im not sure if there is a quote function for this forum). but i have replaced this motor with no result.(PN supplied by tscweb) I'll check part numbers tomorrow to be sure its the same one.. but thanks for the heads up.. one step closer.. thanks! cheers mate!

Fearless V K
04-09-2010, 05:56 AM
See if you can adjust the entrance guide to the fuser.

Custom Search