PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c350 ghosting

Custom Search

copierlady
04-29-2010, 03:38 AM
Working on bizhub c350 it is ghosting on blacks prints and copies. No ghosting on yellow/green or blue, when you do a single color copy, unless it right after a black copy, then the black ghosting hangs on for a few copies befor it clears up. I changed the black drum out about 3 weeks ago. Used new oem. And that stopped the problem at the time but now it is back again. Gonna try another drum tomarrow just because i don't know what else to do. Any thoughts? Thanks

RRodgers
04-29-2010, 05:18 AM
Open the front door and give the little blue knob on the black IU a few pulls in and out. This is the corona cleaner. Next go into admin mode (I believe it's in there) and run the reset and stabilize a couple of times.
After that try a gradation adjustment, and see if it works for ya.

copierlady
04-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Ok thanks. I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes. Hope it works. I hate to waste another drum.

copierlady
04-30-2010, 03:43 AM
Ok, tryed all that good stuff. (tech rep mode by the way) no good. But i replaced the drum again and i have great copies again. What is up with this copier. I got rid of the problem befor with a new drum but, it did not last but a few thousand copies. The drum doesn't even have one bar on it. Maybe i am not discribing the problem properly. The image reapears (faded) about six inches from the original image, but only black copies. I'm really tired. Hope you get what i am trying to say.

RRodgers
04-30-2010, 09:22 AM
Maybe the cleaning blade is not doing it's job properly.

copierlady
05-02-2010, 03:32 AM
You talking about the drum cleaning blade? Cause i have tried several drums. First one was a rechip so it might have been bad. But the second one was oem new. Worked for a while then started the ghosting or double imaging down the page after a few thousand copies. I am hoping it was just a bad drum. Anybody ever get a bad drum direct from konica? I know the rechips don't always do a good job, but this was new oem.

RRodgers
05-02-2010, 07:39 AM
Ya printing on just regular paper? And this only happens on black?

MagBus
05-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Could be a bad print head(K) sometimes you can swap them with another color and see if it transfers to that color. BTW i have received a bad K IU once for a C451 which has the same IU. But i don't mean to say that they're always bad or you have a bad one.

mrwho
05-03-2010, 10:44 PM
No one mentioned it, but sometimes ghosting is caused by dirty printheads. Forget the cleaning jig - remove the belt and the IUs and then clean the printheads with a soft cloth slightly moist. It usually does the trick.

fixthecopier
05-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Usually when I have ghosting on one of these, I take the wand and put water or alcohol on the pad and scrub the L.E.D.real hard. Then change the pad and rub with a dry one. You really have to bare down and scrub hard.

Spidula
05-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Try a new transfer roller. Just to eliminate it.

Custom Search