PDA

View Full Version : Line printing on all pages of my Konica Minolta Bizhub c550

Custom Search

blabbittpromo
04-30-2010, 10:39 PM
there is a line printing on all pages when printing solid colors...not sure if it's an imaging unit problem or a fuser problem..any help would be greatly appreciated
thankyou in advance

blabbittpromo
05-01-2010, 12:55 AM
Is there any manual available for troubleshooting print quality?

RRodgers
05-01-2010, 03:05 AM
Is it a dark line that is one color or is it a void?

ni311
05-01-2010, 08:48 AM
Try to print the tests on every color to see if the lines appear only on one color or on all. First case might be a faulty imaging unit, second a fuser or belt related problem.

blabbittpromo
05-01-2010, 12:42 PM
I believe it's more of a void and i'll run the chip test with the link provided..i have been trying to figure out how to run a test but could not find information anywhere..i'll also attach a sample page of what is printing now...THANKYOU so much for responding!!!

blabbittpromo
05-01-2010, 12:44 PM
sorry i thought that link was how to run the test print..how do you run a test print of every color...i can not find that in the manual or on the touch screen... thank you!

RRodgers
05-02-2010, 07:50 AM
Just do sky shots (lid open and nothing on the glass) and just do a single color copy.

deep
05-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Make a print on this chart will help you to figure out the problem more specific.

blabbittpromo
05-03-2010, 01:17 PM
good morning - i did a test print for every color and the line is only on the cyan....assuming i just have to replace the imaging unit for cyan and i should be set???????
that would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you

ineo+6501
05-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Hello,

It may be the CYAN LED which is below the IU looking up. It may need a clean if the line is across the page from left to right and always in the same place.

blabbittpromo
05-04-2010, 06:42 PM
It is always in the same place - is that the place that you clean with that long stick - if so, i tried that :O(

blabbittpromo
05-04-2010, 10:26 PM
that is exactly where the line is and i'm not sure where the LED is located, if it's the part where you have to clean with that long stick with the cleaning pad on the end, i tried that and it didn't work - so i replaced the imaging unit since it was pretty close to end of it's life and it's still there....this is so frustrating....
thank you

ineo+6501
05-05-2010, 02:05 PM
It sounds like it is definately on the CYAN LED. It is the place that you clean with the long stick, but sometimes the pad needs a good soak with IPA (isopropyl alchohol) to shift the muck.

blabbittpromo
05-06-2010, 01:41 AM
That was it!!!!!!!!!! IT WORKED!!!!!!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!

ineo+6501
05-06-2010, 08:42 AM
No problem.

Albert
07-30-2010, 09:22 AM
It sounds like it is definately on the CYAN LED. It is the place that you clean with the long stick, but sometimes the pad needs a good soak with IPA (isopropyl alchohol) to shift the muck.

Hi I have the same problem on my Bizhub C500 I cant figure out where to find the Cyan Led, and where do I find that long stick & pad, Can you please help me, thank you

ineo+6501
07-30-2010, 09:33 AM
Hello Albert.

Is your machine a bizhub PRO C500? If so this is a very different beast to the C550.
It does not have a cleaning stick and you need the central Belt/Drum/Dev unit pulling out to get into the likely causes.
The Production machines are more labour intensive than the office stuff and if you are an end user I wouldn't attempt to fix it yourself if I was you.

Albert
08-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Hi, yes is a PRO C500 when I print individual colors I get lines on the yellow and magenta same lines on both colors. I have IT background and live in a remote area I am unable to find a technician to help me deal with the problem, can you help me further to fix this line problem. I already purchased a new developer unit for the yellow but still have the line on each page. Thank you

Stirton.M
08-06-2010, 01:54 AM
Are the lines physical lines in colour or white lines through the colour?

If they are coloured lines, do the lines appear from lead edge to trail edge outside of the printed image, or are they contained within the print image?

If you can post a scanned image of the problem, that would be a great help too.

Things to do in the meantime, assuming coloured lines is the problem.

I am assuming you are familiar with the removal of the process unit since you referenced replacing the developer unit.

First thing would be, swap the charge wires for each of the colours, one at a time. For example, you get a line in yellow, swap the yellow charge unit with the black one. Do a halftone test to see if the black now has this problem. Do this for all the affected colours.

If no change, then swap the drum units in the same manner. Keep note of which drum was in which location so you can return them to where they originally came out of if that does not yield any results.

emujo
08-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Sirton...after making a valid point about asking a question about a different MFP in an established thread, I'm suprised to see you encouraging this...Emujo

Stirton.M
08-06-2010, 02:26 PM
truth be told, the guy did state what machine he had from the get go here.

In the other case, I was a bit pissed off because of the runaround that that other guy did because he did not qualify from the get go, what his problem was.

Custom Search