PDA

View Full Version : error 7410;0064380 on an fs-4000

Custom Search

lightningjeremy
05-11-2010, 07:11 PM
this error came up after replacing the toner. please help

Frits
05-12-2010, 03:33 PM
The Drum-unit is out of the connector. remove the toner bottle en push the drum unt back in the connector. the gray button on it will release the drum unit

HenryT2
05-12-2010, 06:56 PM
This happens frequently to some of our clients. They have a problem sometimes with the catch on the waste toner bottle. When they pull on the bottle it sometimes pulls the drum enough to cause this error. We have also seen this error occur when a client is trying to remove a paper jam. Usually a simple drum Re-set corrects this problem.

scoobysteve
05-14-2010, 11:30 AM
There should be a little grey coloured clip that is meant to sit in the gap below the grey drum release button. This stops the drum release button from releasing when there is movement thus eliminating the chances of the drum losing it's connection with the drum connector. Hope this makes sense.

DWise
06-01-2010, 03:16 PM
the clips you are referring to are black on the Kyocera printers we deal with, but customers still get the 7410 error even with the clips in place. The clips are mainly for shipping purposes.

flimmer
02-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Put in new firmware - it solves the problem

blackcat4866
02-03-2011, 02:57 PM
I haven't been present for any occurrences, but it's always after the customer has been in the machine. My theory it that they don't know what they're doing, and pull on anything handy, including the drum unit. Just remove the developing unit, reseat the drum unit, reinstall the waste bottle, then power back On. Easy Peasy. And billable on any future occasions. I allow everybody one stupid. The second one costs. =^..^=

Custom Search