PDA

View Full Version : FS-1300D - doing nothing

Custom Search

scoobysteve
05-13-2010, 07:54 AM
Hi All,

I've been working on a FS-1300D for the last few days and I have no freaking idea on what is causing it to do what it is doing - which is nothing!

the machine's LED do not light up, nor do the fans spin. I get no laser motor whine or anything.

I've tested the fan outlets for 24V (in my region) and I only get 20V - thus i am getting power.

I've replaced the controller, power supply and high voltage all in one hit from a known working machine and still get nothing.

I've put the fuser from this dead machine into a working machine and all is good.

I've checked for damaged harnesses etc but can not find any. I've changed laser/scanner assembly and the erase lamp and still nothing.

So if anyone can suggest where i can look at next, i would greatly appreciate it. thank you.

Regards
Steve

KMnyafayce
05-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Hi All,

I've tested the fan outlets for 24V (in my region) and I only get 20V - thus i am getting power.

I've replaced the controller, power supply and high voltage all in one hit from a known working machine and still get nothing.

In my experiences working on Kyocera products it's vital getting the correct voltage. There is a BIG difference from 20v to 24v. Did you try a ON power test of the main power switch? Are you getting the full AC current thru it for your region? This can play a big part because even if the power supply worked in another machine the main switch can be good in the other machine and bad in the customer's machine. Checking continuity just won't do it, you have to test the main switch while power is going thru it to verify there is no current problems

Hope this helps and God Bless.

Bradley Lathan

scoobysteve
05-13-2010, 09:50 PM
I havent tried the main switch however saying that, because the switch and the power supply are two seperate components, i have changed the switch with a known working one but still with no success.

I've tested fans that get voltage from the controller board and I also get 20V - the other fan i mentioned above had 20V as well however it's connection was directly on the power supply. So 20V is all around....

JustManuals
05-13-2010, 10:17 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from The Internet's largest collection of manuals (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

collme
05-13-2010, 10:29 PM
i would pull all the connectors off the controller board except power in from power supply and see if you have 24v on the control board. something may be pulling the power down so if 24v is present with no load then connect 1 connector at a time to control pcb until you drop down to 20v again. this will help find what is dragging the voltage down.

scoobysteve
05-14-2010, 08:42 AM
Ok.. Update!!

on a working machine I was able to replicate the fault.. By disconnecting the harness that connects to connector yc319 on the controller, the machine's led would not light up, the fans do not spin but give a 20V reading, there is no laser motor whine and pin1 on the connector for the laser assembly situated on the controller board does not give a 24V reading - in fact gives a 0V reading.

However I have changed the controller board and harness from the controller to high voltage already. And as mentioned above all three main boards were previously swapped all in one go without success.

All other harnesses did not produce the results identical to what I have been experiencing -the working machine would turn on all LEDs, fans spin, laser motor spin and of course pin1 on the controller board for the laser assy would give a 24V reading

madas
05-20-2010, 01:53 AM
Hi. I had a FS-1030d that appeared dead had voltges but no lights. i found the toner sensor shorted and was bringing main power down so not enough to let the m/c work.
the sensor was getting hot. sorry i dont have any voltage readings to add but hope this helps.

madas

scoobysteve
05-20-2010, 03:13 AM
Hi Madas,

thanks for the heads up. I would have thought that by having this connection disconnected from the controller board it would have booted up the machine but thrown an error.

I'll give this a shot though as any suggestion is much appreciated. thanks again.

Custom Search