PDA

View Full Version : Just got a Docucolor 250 w/bundeled fiery need lots of help, please

Custom Search

maurimx
05-20-2010, 01:05 AM
Hi everyone.. I just got a Docucolor 250, with the bundeled rip.. But guess what.. I have no idea how to install the drivers and make it work..

I have worked with canon ircs, but they have a much simpler program to install everything..

I have no idea how to make it work.. Can some one please point me in the right direction ?? thanks !

I got everything hooked up, the ethernet cable from the fiery to the cpu, but I cant seem to make the cpu connect to the fiery and send to print..

TribalBen
05-20-2010, 04:51 AM
Is your issue with installing the software for the fiery ( e.g. needing to load the 1.0, 1.1 or 1.2 system software to the fiery RIP itself) or are you having troubles installing the software to your workstation?

maurimx
05-20-2010, 02:48 PM
I have installed the workstation software on the xerox page, and I think the fiery comes all loaded up and working... I have a printed system page or data for the fiery, giving me the ip..which is 172.20.71.250, server name etc... But I cant make my computer communicate with the printer.. I am connected via ethernet cable to the server, and have tried with a router in between or just plain 1 to 1 connection to my computer... with the workcenter software I cant make it communicate if I add the ip address which was given to me...

dont know If I need something else...

wtroll
05-23-2010, 12:43 AM
Hi,
first you must setup the correct ethernet parameters through the U.I., in admin mode.
Than you can connect to the Fiery through the web page from any computer and make a complete configuration (server name, domain, DNS...).
After this you will be able to browse your network places and find the three Fiery printing queue (direct - print - hold).
Right click, then "connect" on the "direct" or "print" queue.
Now it will ask you for the correct printer driver (you can find it on Xerox.com or into the Fiery web page/software section).

Good luck!

Custom Search