PDA

View Full Version : Sharpmx2300n

Custom Search

Gerri25
05-15-2007, 12:52 AM
Hi there,

Im just hoping to find someone with any knowledge on the SharpMX2300N
Im continually having problems with this machine, if its not paper jamming, its a network thing, if its not printing out from the correct paper tray, its not printing out everything on the page. I just really want to know if its Me or the machine??? Does anyone else use it, or know of it and the problems with it!!! its just none stop, now all of a sudden i have to change a setting so there isnt a transparency problem, and it was always fine before. Its driving me crazy. PLEASE HELP!!!!

GERRI

choicecopyguy
05-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Have several of these out in the field and with the exception of some streaking on the primary transfer belt, easily fixed, have had no problems whatsoever.

nightshade
05-24-2007, 02:59 PM
The only issues that I have with the MX's is the constant squeeking they do, you fix a squeek and the next day it starts again from another spot........

Have you tried replacing the MCU?

johnbla
05-24-2007, 08:32 PM
Gerri25

Re The printing problem, have you instaled the latest WHQL drivers and is machine configured correctly?

Re The paper jamming, the PhotoSensor just below the PS roller and it's reflextor in the Right door are prime candidates, always getting covered in paper dust.

Nightshade
The sqeaking.. have you read the SharpTechBull regarding the LPR bearings?

nightshade
05-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Thanks John, the main squeak that I've been dealing with is the idle rollers in the MX-FNX1 that were designed by an idiot!!!!

johnbla
05-24-2007, 10:47 PM
Nightshade
had that on-going for a few months, I go in and put a drop Fuser oil on them every couple of weeks when passing the customer...
Have you found a cure yet ?

nightshade
05-24-2007, 11:15 PM
I've been contemplating drilling a hole through the face of the plastic roller large enough for the spray tube from a can of contact cleaner to fit. "Hosing" it out and applying oil through the hole.

Otherwise today I was successful in prying off one of the side plates from the shaft and then cleaning and oiling it and putting it back together. This was a long process and I think that drilling a hole will be quicker.

OMD-227
11-04-2007, 06:25 AM
Make sure the firmware is up to date. The firmware updates on the MX series machines fix ssssoooooo many issues.
When jamming in the FNX1, increase the input gate solenoid position to maximum. This allows a greater entry gap from hole punch/dummy hole punch into the finisher.
Everyone is spot-on about the squeaking.... very common. Depends alot on humidity & temperature of the room the machine is in too I have found.
If jamming alot from tray1 & 2, on the original machines these trays cannot have different paper sizes changed within them unless size setting changed in System Settings. The desk unit trays & newer models machines all have auto size sensing and will update paper size when guides are set correctly.
The new firmware will give a blank sheet output with a message on the panel to check paper sizes if tray1&2 are setup wrong. The jam log will display Size_Ilg.
The bypass tray is the only tray that you can use Transparencies, Labels, Heavy, thin & envelopes. Make the change on the panel & match that setting within the drivers on your PC. If the paper types match on both the machine & PC driver, you will not have any problems. It is very common to setup the machine with the correct paper & settings, but if you leave the Pc driver setup as Bypass Tray/Auto select or ignore, it will not work. The machine will just say paper empty, unless you manually force it to work by selecting paper type under the details tab of job status.

Jaws
01-16-2008, 03:46 AM
Subject: Measure to prevent blank pages in black copies or prints.
Symptom: Intermittent blank pages in black copies or prints.
The Shutter Lock Spring that drives the LSU Shutter could drop, resulting in failure of the LSU
Shutter to open. This results in blank pages when black and white copies or prints are made.
• The travel distance of the shutter lock spring for color printing is smaller than that of the
shutter lock spring for BK printing.
• The above failure does not occur when color printing.

blackcat4866
01-17-2008, 02:02 AM
The major problem I've had with these is the customer not selecting the correct media (must be set through the driver AND throught the copier panel), then not fusing, or building up on the fuser rollers. Or customer fussing with the envelope levers, and getting the same result.

As for fuser roller squeaking (or more accurately: tick, tick,....tick, tick,...tick, tick, tick), the Molycote HP-500 high temp grease makes short work of it. (Good Stuff!) The only drawback is having to disassemble the fuser to apply the grease to the bearing-to-roller contact surfaces.

Otherwise, for me, they've been bulletproof.

Custom Search