PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 420 duplex jamming

Custom Search

brent
06-08-2010, 10:25 PM
we have a bizhub in the field with 550k jamming here and there. but it will not duplex. simplex is fine.
the jam I thought was out of tray 1. but tray 2 is the same. there is one jam coming out of the tray. one folded in the fuser. and one is in the duplex transport on the side. there was a thread on this somewhwere but I could not find it. could someone shed some light on this situation? thanks

brent

copytechman
06-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Try replacing or cleaning the 2 duplex transport clutches, solves a lot of problems!

Regards!
A.

fixthecopier
06-09-2010, 12:53 AM
I second that. If it will duplex legal, but jam on letter, change both clutches.

rocky246
06-09-2010, 01:39 AM
I agree. KM puts too much grease on these clutches and it migrates into the clutch. Since its somewhat involved to replace them, I always do them as a set.

brent
06-09-2010, 02:29 AM
so are these the 2 clutches you can see when the vertical transport/duplex unit is pivited down? if so I replaced them. the jam is in the duplex. but always in the same spot. the actuator that is wide twards the top. the paper stops within one half inch of that. the paper is folded with 2 pieces below that. and one in the duplex itself. these people don't use duplex that much. but I still would like to have all my machies working. any thoughts? sensors? thanks

brent

copytechman
06-09-2010, 03:32 AM
You can't see these clutches @ all without removing the duplex side cover (which can be a bit of a chore) .. they're not visible just by opening the jam access covers. The 2 clutches drive the 2 vertical drive rollers inside the duplex jam access cover.. and those 2 clutches are attached to ends of the shafts.. Are those the ones you changed because u may have changed the reg/relay clutch combo (right below drum unit?) and iirc they are visible when you open the side cover and pivot the duplex unit away from the machine..

Regards!
A.

brent
06-09-2010, 06:09 AM
I did not get to the duplex clutches apparently. I am going to replace those duplex clutches tomorrow and se how it goes. you guy's must be on the right track. because the machine is definitly jamming in the duplex top roller area. thanks again

brent

brent
06-09-2010, 10:02 PM
I have been through the entire service book. but to no avail. where in the book does it discuss the dissasembly and reinstallation of this duplex section? thanks

brent

fixthecopier
06-10-2010, 12:05 AM
Brent, just remove the unit , you will see there is only a couple of screws holding the side cover on the duplex. The two clutches are the same, one on top and one on bottom, and are not hard to swap out. That is why the manual does not go into detail, as far as I know. You won't have any problems.

copytechman
06-10-2010, 01:18 AM
Um yah, do like fixthecopier said! There aren't any dissassembly instructions for the duplex (hence the term "chore"). Go with what he said since it's kinda hard how to describe how to remove that cover.

Regards!
A.

Downunder
06-20-2010, 10:35 AM
Start at the bypass unit.There are three screws holes where you can poke your phillips thru or pull down first cover. The fourth screw is down on the right hand side. When these hve been done open the bypass unit . There is a black plastic plate on the right facing you. There are four screws, two long screws an two shorter scews that screw in to the plastic cover etc. Remove these and then you will be able to remove grey cover that gives you acces to the duple clutches. On the side of the bypass unit you will a metal plate with about 5 or six screws, an earthing strap, etc. Remove these and the plate will come off. The rest should be self evident. They can be washed out with alcohol but best to replace.

remati
06-20-2010, 12:48 PM
clean de 2 MC clutch in adu unit ,if doesn´t work .change it .....

Custom Search