PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Kyocera FS-C5020N | F030:0027906

Custom Search

s_jwilson
06-13-2010, 03:53 AM
I'm keen to know what I can do with this printer to get it running again. At present it has stopped printing with the display saying: "Call service F030:0027906"

Everything was going fine until someone (not me!) loaded some adhesive labels into the printer drawer and now it's not working. It printed the labels (none got stuck in the machine) but the colour was smudged and stringy. Any guidance/help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers

blackcat4866
06-13-2010, 04:08 AM
F030 is a main controller error.

You can try to re-load the firmware, but chances are that it won't help. You'll probably end up changing the main controller.

It's unlikely that there is any connection between the self-adhesive labels and the code. The most likely result of the labels being fed from the tray instead of the MP tray is having a few labels peel off, and stick to the fuser rollers and guides. That would account for the stringy prints. The F030 probably resulted from customer attempts to resolve the problem themselves, like pulling the plug while powered on. =^..^=

s_jwilson
06-13-2010, 09:41 AM
Thanks for your speedy response. I checked the manual (as you suggested) and can see what you mentioned. I initially thought the quoted "0027906" was part of the error code and had difficulty understanding what that meant until I found that it had nothing to do with the error and was only listing the number of pages this device has printed.

I got it up and running again by turning the printer off and uninstalled and reinstalled the printer (not just the drivers) to my computer. All running well now - thanks for your assistance.

Cheers

Custom Search