PDA

View Full Version : scan to FTP & SMB bizhub 350/250

Custom Search

aleksander
06-14-2010, 04:45 AM
Hi all,
Anyone know how to setup scan to FTP or scan to SMB for bizhub 350/250 for Linux OS?:confused::confused:
Please help me. Very urgent.
Thank you for giving me solutions.

bsm2
06-15-2010, 03:17 AM
smb would work like windows share file , user name and password
lots of free software for linux for ftp depends which flavor of linux your running?

aleksander
06-15-2010, 03:56 AM
how about linux red hat enterprise? is it work?
could you show me how to setup scan to ftp or smb for linux user? how about one touch creating?
thanks for answering bsm2

TheOwl
06-16-2010, 03:56 AM
You should have an FTP service inbuilt into you Linux OS. Once this is running and any firewall software has been opened on port 21, then all you need to do is create your one touch on the copier.

1. Go to the web interface using a web browser and type in the IP of the copier.
2. Got to Address Book or Store (can't remember exactly what it is called on this model).
3. You should now see a bunch of indexes and below them, some boxes with "---" in them. Click on one of the "---".
4. Select Scan PC FTP
5. Enter in the the IP address or DNS name of you FTP server only in the Host field. Don't insert anything such as // or FTP://
6. If there is a folder under your root directory that you want the scans to go in to, then enter in just the folder name under the folder field. If you want scans to go directly into the root folder, then just put a /
7. Enter in the username and password to login with. It is easyier just to enable anonymous access, but this is insecure.
8. Click save and test on the copier.

aleksander
06-16-2010, 05:13 AM
You should have an FTP service inbuilt into you Linux OS. Once this is running and any firewall software has been opened on port 21, then all you need to do is create your one touch on the copier.

1. Go to the web interface using a web browser and type in the IP of the copier.
2. Got to Address Book or Store (can't remember exactly what it is called on this model).
3. You should now see a bunch of indexes and below them, some boxes with "---" in them. Click on one of the "---".
4. Select Scan PC FTP
5. Enter in the the IP address or DNS name of you FTP server only in the Host field. Don't insert anything such as // or FTP://
6. If there is a folder under your root directory that you want the scans to go in to, then enter in just the folder name under the folder field. If you want scans to go directly into the root folder, then just put a /
7. Enter in the username and password to login with. It is easyier just to enable anonymous access, but this is insecure.
8. Click save and test on the copier.
Thank you for answering.
How about scan to SMB bizhub 350/250 for linux OS, is that work?

TheOwl
06-16-2010, 05:17 AM
Exactly the same, but select Scan PC SMB (or at least I think that's what it is called) and the fact that you have to have a folder shared for SMB to work correctly.

You will also need to set a username and password for the access to the SMB share on your Linux box as the copier won't handle blank usernames and passwords.

aleksander
06-16-2010, 05:23 AM
Exactly the same, but select Scan PC SMB (or at least I think that's what it is called) and the fact that you have to have a folder shared for SMB to work correctly.

You will also need to set a username and password for the access to the SMB share on your Linux box as the copier won't handle blank usernames and passwords.
OK. Thank you TheOwl for your answer.
I'll try it. If it's fail, I will tell you. :)

Custom Search